Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I too have a Windows 7 64 bit machine, changing to allow connection from any remote desktop did not work.

Is the dev reading this? I hope the dev can correct these issues.
    I am able to connect to a Win 7 x64 Enterprise machine with no problems. Are you connecting by machine name or IP address?
    Pretty cool typing on a win7 x64 ultimate box rdp session right now. Key presses lag a bit, reminds me of doing vt100 sessions over dialup. The screen response is very good though. Firefox browsing is pretty good. It will be a good way to manage my htpc serve

For 99 cents, it's great.

edit: back off rdp....

If you have problems connecting just keep hitting enter. It seems win7 doesn't always fall back to the right rdp protocol right away. I didn't try it with aero off, but that might help speeds. Typing is definitely not as fun, doing gui work is easy though. Screen scrolling works pretty well. Tapping will take practice. I sure hope the dev keeps it active.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/23/2011 at 03:33 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    The TouchPad RDP client may not support Network Level Authentication, which is used in Windows 7 RDP v7.0. Try changing the Remote Desktop system properties settings in Windows 7 to allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
    Cool, thanks. That did work for me.
    thanks for the feedback all of you.

I saw that app the other day and I was wondering as it didn't have any rating when I saw it. but the price was tempting.

Will likely buy it tonight so that the wife can work remotely.
    Works great with my 2k3-based Windows Home Server.
    This is annoying.

Splashtop worked great for me on 3.0.2 but stopped connecting after the 3.0.4 update.

I was looking forward to trying this as I would have preferred an RDP solution to begin with, but it's still not available on the UK app store.

Money waiting for the developer.......
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post
    This is annoying.

Splashtop worked great for me on 3.0.2 but stopped connecting after the 3.0.4 update.

I was looking forward to trying this as I would have preferred an RDP solution to begin with, but it's still not available on the UK app store.

Money waiting for the developer.......
    Download the Splashtop update. It fixes many of the 3.0.4 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Download the Splashtop update. It fixes many of the 3.0.4 issues.
    Yeah I was excited when I saw the update yesterday; unfortunately it didn't change anything for me.

The changelog didn't mention anything about fixing/improving connectivity either.

I know that nothing has changed on any of the PCs, they all worked perfectly whilst connecting from 3.0.2. Very frustrating.

An RDP client would be my preferred choice too, I could ditch the naff Splashtop Streamer app, it's just a shame it's only available on the US app store.
  9. pml
    I have just been looking again - w/o success. Maybe this app is not listed in the German App Catalog.

The RDP server should be the IP of the windows machine you'd like to connect to (assuming this application is speaking the RDP protocol and not is only named so).
    anyone from Germany succeeded in finding / installing the app in AppCatalog?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    armyricans only.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I too have a Windows 7 64 bit machine, changing to allow connection from any remote desktop did not work.

Is the dev reading this? I hope the dev can correct these issues.
    I couldn't connect at first either, but once I added a "user" I could.
    Right-clicked on Computer in windows
    Properties
    Remote Settings
    make sure "allow connections from computers running any version of remote desktop" checked
    then "Select Users"
    I added the user "guest"
    click ok

After launching RDP on TP, my Windows 7 Professional gives me a choice of Administrator or 'Other User' to log on.

clicked on Other User
    three-finger tap to keyboard
    typed in "guest"
    left password blank
    clicked on arrow
    clicked yes to continue

on windows machine just click ok

I've got splashtop installed to startup on my Win 7, so that comes up and I have to close it.

When your session is done, just swipe the TP card away, then on win 7, click the logon icon to get back to regular desktop, just like you never left

Sound and video streaming would be great, if it's possible.
    Works well...Console support would be welcomed.
    I run this app from my iphone and it works pretty well!
    If you've paired your TP via bluetooth with a Pre 3 you can send a link via sms:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ithm.webosrdpc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  15.    #35  
    FYI, i looks like the update brought the feature to save IP/Hosts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've been looking for a RDP that support dual monitors.

Before I download another RDP app, can anyone confirm this app will allow me to switch monitors on my desktop PC???

(Splashtop has not made any efforts to add this feature and likely won't in the future)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12