Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

Version 0.0.1 of my NHL scores application. Features include:
    1) Scores (along scorers). Clicking on the name will open a webview to their stats.
    2) Schedule and past results
    3) Current standings per conference
    4) News feed of hockey rumours/reports
    5) Per-team game chat (powered by Villo)

Features I want to add, but probably won't make it in time for the release:
    1) List number of users currently in chat
    2) Have stats for top scorers in league/top assists/other useful quick-hits.
    3) Auto-start application at game time

This version is what I consider a release candidate, in that the current feature set and look/feel is release ready. I need testers to ensure the current functionality works. Things like:

1) Auto refresh timer works as designed.
    2) Notifications work: notifications are sent properly
    3) Times appear correct
    4) Chat works and notifies of new messages correctly

I'm also interested in hearing about design flaws/missing features that you may notice. Please note, although I may not address your comments or suggestions it doesn't mean they aren't important to me. I appreciate all feedback.

Also note that since this is a beta, I added temporary code on bootup to prevent the application from starting after October 30th. If you are a helpful beta tester after this time, I'd be more than willing to offer up a promo code (as this will be a paid app).

Thanks in advance guys.

edit: update to 0.0.2 to fix time zone issues

edit: updated to 0.0.3:
    - Team Colours
    - Adjustments to score parsing
    - Clicking on a team/game now brings a webview of the game for more details
    - Bug fixes galore

edit: 0.0.4 available
    - Auto refresh should really work this time. Seriously.
    - Notification enhancements (option to enable full scoreboard in dashboard)
    - League Leaders in goals/points/GAA/save % added
    - Beta extended until Nov 4th (after which, the software will no longer work)

edit: 0.0.5 available
    - handful of bug fixes
    - Improved chat to show user counts and usernames of connected users (per room)
    - Release Candidate
    - Beta extended until Nov 15

Please test and report any feedback, thanks!

Edit: The app is now available in the official app catalog. Thanks to all the testers with your great feedback!
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ultimatehockey
    Last edited by neville; 11/21/2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Cool sounds absolutely amazing. Especially the per-team chat! Can you post a link of how to upload this to a touchpad? Sorry new to this.

Edit* figured it out. Installed Internalz Pro but dunno if i needed it. Just clicked your link and installed it.

Go Leafs Go!
    Last edited by Leafs; 10/21/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    huge nhl fan (HABS!!!!!!) will test it out and give feedback
    74sickness likes this.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Count me in please. I've d/l for my Pre Plus (soon to be Pre3) and will do for the TPad as well. Thanks for creating this!

Any thoughts on incorporating fantasy leagues as well (Y!)?

Let's Go, Red Wings!
    I'll have to hop on this.

Go Sharks!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    zappcatt likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Cool app. Just downloaded it and am playing around. Will definitely play with it during today's Sharks game!
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Hey quick question. Would it be possible in portrait view to get "The Feed" to fit all in one screen so the articles aren't cut off?
  8.    #8  
    The articles are in a slider view so you can pull it over in portrait
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    The articles are in a slider view so you can pull it over in portrait
    Oh yeah I realize that. But in case I want to see stats and read the headlines at the same time you know? Like exactly how it is in landscape but in portrait.
    Also, maybe I am being dumb but is there any way you can add time zones to the time the game is supposed to start? Or at least let us pick a time zone that we want to see? Right now it is in Pacific Time?

I noticed you said you wanted:

3) Auto-start application at game time

and

So are you going to implicate a favorite team selection? Where say for example I only really care about my Leafs. So basically if I "star" them as favorites then notifications would only pop up for them or the application would only start up for them?

Just a thought!

Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Favourites are on my to-do list.

Timezones should be local to the tablet though? What part is showing them in PST?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs View Post

I'm more interested in making sure notifications of game score updates are sent correctly. There are some that work as the app starts/refreshes... but the ones I'm really interested in occur when the app see's that a score has changed.

So that'll have to wait for an actual game.

P.s. Go leafs go!
    Weird. My timezone is Mountain time. So the San Jose game should start at 5 pm MST according to TSN (they have the game starting at 7 pm EST). On my touchpad it says 3 pm. so that would make it Alaskan time or something haha. This is in the scores section as well as the Schedule section (for all games not just the San jose game etc.)
  14.    #14  
    Hmm I had to do some time manipulation to get it to the local timezone (testing in EST right now).

It's possible there's a bug in there. I'll have to look into it.
    Sharks game shows as 1pm for me, I am in Pacific time zone, last refreshed shows the proper time of 11:18
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    o.O what's happening over here? Need another tester?

nm, I found the .ipk in the process.

Couple of things, and I don't know how "easy" they are, but here goes.

Game chats, for example, ANA-DAL, so you can banter back and forth with the opposition, not just your team...while we're on this, division, conference, league chats.

Sound notifications when someone enters something in chat, enters/leaves room.

The ability to have team logos displayed instead of ANA-DAL, or combination logo abbreviation.

This is huge, push notifications. Those scores need to be updated ASAP, not 30 seconds, not a minute later. One thing that's bugged me on other apps of this nature. Other developers said it wasn't possible, but would you please look into it and see if you can't?

Customized sound notifications for when a team scores.

That's pretty much all I can think of at this time, will have to play around again when there's a game on. Overall the app looks pretty nice, easy to navigate.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/21/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Which OS versions should this work with (1.4.5, 2.1, 3.0.4)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    o.O what's happening over here? Need another tester?

nm, I found the .ipk in the process.
    didn't even think to PM or tweet you.

Can't wait to test this out this afternoon since I will still be at work when the Sharks game starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    Which OS versions should this work with (1.4.5, 2.1, 3.0.4)?
    well it's a TP app so 3.x

could try and install on phone since they all have enyo now (if you installed maps)
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    1) Game chats, for example, ANA-DAL, so you can banter back and forth with the opposition, not just your team...while we're on this, division, conference, league chats.

2) Sound notifications when someone enters something in chat, enters/leaves room.

3) The ability to have team logos displayed instead of ANA-DAL, or combination logo abbreviation.

4) This is huge, push notifications. Those scores need to be updated ASAP, not 30 seconds, not a minute later. One thing that's bugged me on other apps of this nature. Other developers said it wasn't possible, but would you please look into it and see if you can't?

5) Customized sound notifications for when a team scores.
    Just to address the numbered suggestions:
    1) Is possible but would be difficult. I'm going to try to run with it as is. I'm really waiting on the next beta of Villo which brings some more features to chat that I've requested.

2) This has to wait for the next beta of Villo as it's not supported in the API yet.

3) Logo's are trademarked/copyrighted so it's not possible

4) The source I get information isn't instant so unfortunately this also is not possible. The fastest it can refresh is a couple minutes behind.

5) Definitely possible.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast