Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    I had .2 - just grabbed .3 - really like the colors - not sure what's with the TimeZone - says MON vs PHI time is 1:30AM - my timezone is "New York".
    Yeah there's something up with our back end again. Looking into it.

(timezones should always be local to the tablet)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    So far, I like what I see out of the app. Logos would be nice, but team colors are fine for now. Love the feed on the right side... just lots of random and current hockey events news! For tonight (10/26) the time is all screwy for the MON-PHI game (someone else addressed this earlier) and no other games are showing up. I think since they are showing up as starting at 4AM, they are under Thursday's games. A great start and will be glad to provide feedback to how it works!
  3.    #63  
    Updated app to 0.0.4, see first post for release notes and download link.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Updated app to 0.0.4, see first post for release notes and download link.
    Refresh every 1 and 5 minutes worked for me. For some reason 10 minutes didn't work. Now I went back to 1 minute updates and it isn't updating automatically. The update notifications worked in the top bar when the updates were working.
  5.    #65  
    I'll test out 10 mins tonight. Doing a manual refresh one time should cause the auto-refresh to start to work again
    Hey,

edit: 0.0.4 available
    http://futurepr0n.com/depot/com.poin..._0.0.4_all.ipk
    - Auto refresh should really work this time. Seriously.
    - Notification enhancements (option to enable full scoreboard in dashboard)
    - League Leaders in goals/points/GAA/save % added
    - Beta extended until Nov 4th (after which, the software will no longer work)

Please test and report any feedback, thanks!
    Installing now - I understand the beta expiring - but - what are we going to do?? Seriously - are you going through the market - or no? I Really want this app - with HP's track record of getting things approved - it will be baseball season before this sees the light of day - and that would be a real shame. . .
    Tor 2 - Pit 2 - "No scorers" for either team

refreshed - looks ok now.

now - NSH 1 (M Erat, P Hornqvist), ANA 0
    Last edited by DILands; 10/29/2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: refreshed
    Cool looking app! I'll definitely be checking it out me love hockey :-P
    Go Canucks Go!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'll test out 10 mins tonight. Doing a manual refresh one time should cause the auto-refresh to start to work again
    I opened the app with never update tonight and immediately set to 10 minutes. 10 minutes didn't work. I refreshed manually as you suggested and it started refreshing every 10 minutes.

I like the app. Good work so far. One idea I had was to reverse the order so as games start they populate to the top instead of the bottom. That way on nights like tonight, once games end, you don't have to keep scrolling through the same finished games to see the game in progress. Same suggestion for the notifications up top in the bar, have the latest starting games come up first.

Last idea, is there a way to make the notifications quit showing finished games that you have already swiped away? I have no idea how you would do this.

These are just some ideas I had to improve the usability in my opinion. Maybe there is a reason I am not seeing for the way things are right now with game order and updates. You've put in a ton of time on an app for an OS in limbo for a sport that seems like the red-headed step child of the major US sports and it is appreciated.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    Installing now - I understand the beta expiring - but - what are we going to do?? Seriously - are you going through the market - or no? I Really want this app - with HP's track record of getting things approved - it will be baseball season before this sees the light of day - and that would be a real shame. . .

It's going to be in the app catalog.
    As a workaround for the logos, could you do something like allow the user to load their own logos and then use them in the program?

Personally, I would use a site like NHL Hockey Team Logo Database to get the logos if that option was allowed.

Also, I thought it had been brought up before but I didn't see it today. A way to select your favorite teams (please make it more then one) so that only those team's games are displayed. It does get a bit annoying to have to scroll down all the time.

Other than that, please keep up the great work!

Mugg
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugg View Post
    As a workaround for the logos, could you do something like allow the user to load their own logos and then use them in the program?

Personally, I would use a site like NHL Hockey Team Logo Database to get the logos if that option was allowed.

Also, I thought it had been brought up before but I didn't see it today. A way to select your favorite teams (please make it more then one) so that only those team's games are displayed. It does get a bit annoying to have to scroll down all the time.

Other than that, please keep up the great work!

Mugg

Favourite teams is on my to-do list but probably won't make it in time for release.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is the updating of scores automatic? I noticed when watching the Tampa/Winnipeg game that it took at ~10 minutes or so for the score to be updated.

Otherwise, very nice app.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Is the updating of scores automatic? I noticed when watching the Tampa/Winnipeg game that it took at ~10 minutes or so for the score to be updated.

Otherwise, very nice app.
    The auto-refresh interval is configurable through the settings. However, our feed of information isn't always instant and can be delayed up to 10 mins (although it's generally fairly quick, < 1 min).
    Sharks have won 5 straight since you released the app
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sharks have won 5 straight since you released the app
    I'm ok with that as long as they don't beat my leafs!

LOL
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18.    #78  
    Updated with 0.0.5.

See first page for link. This will more than likely be the version to be submitted to the app catalog (barring any major bugs).

The changes in this version are mostly around game chat... specifically user counts and user names being displayed.

Also, the beta has been extended to Nov 15th.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm ok with that as long as they don't beat my leafs!

LOL Leafs!

Go Jets Go !!
  20.    #80  
    The apps been submitted. I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday for a week so I'm hoping it goes in before then. If not, I'm also hoping there's no massive deal-breaking bugs.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast