Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    sharks game @ 4 pst will hopefully give it a test
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    Would like to click team to bring up info like happens for scorers.
    +1 ^^^Would really love this feature.

My opinion is that the app lacks a coolness factor style wise. It is very neat, organized, and has clean lines- basically something I would create. Which usually translates to it being too utilitarian with not enough superfluous graphics.

Possible features for stat fanatics, to be included along with scorers' names:
    wining and losing goalies
    player's #s
    player's points for the game or season
    Team's record
    Thank you!

Notifications for a score change are showing up but if two occur they are not able to be viewed 1 at a time. Is it possible to put in who scored? (not sure how much text will reasonably fit).

Schedules - Would be nice to choose who your tv provider is and see what channels you can watch the game. I understand there are a lot of providers, but some of the main ones list the channels online (DirecTV center ice for example). Obviously a want not a need.

Team Colors - Agree with this one. Even just for the schedule page where the colors alternate and are distracting.

Scores - Would be nice to zoom in on a single game and see more info/stats on that one.

That said, please keep up the good work. It is much appreciated!

Mugg
    Last edited by Mugg; 10/22/2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Stupid keyboard auto-uncorrecting-
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugg View Post
    Thank you!

1) Notifications for a score change are showing up but if two occur they are not able to be viewed 1 at a time. Is it possible to put in who scored? (not sure how much text will reasonably fit).

2) Schedules - Would be nice to choose who your tv provider is and see what channels you can watch the game. I understand there are a lot of providers, but some of the main ones list the channels online (DirecTV center ice for example). Obviously a want not a need.

3) Team Colors - Agree with this one. Even just for the schedule page where the colors alternate and are distracting.

4) Scores - Would be nice to zoom in on a single game and see more info/stats on that one.
    1) I will try to add scorers

2) Unfortunately this information isn't available with the feed I have.

3) Colours will be coming in a future version

4) What I may end up doing is similar to clicking on a player -> open a web view to the current game on ESPN, TSN or some other popular web provider.

With that in mind, we're still tweaking the back end. Update to chat, colours, and tweaks to notifications will be coming in the next few days.

Appreciate the feedback even if it doesn't make it into the release.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Here are some ideas that I think would be useful.

1) find a way to add assists, penalties and goalies for each game.(everyone wants to know who's in net especially if you're a leaf fan wouldn't you want to know if its Reimer or Gustovsson, it makes a big difference)

2) separate standings by division

3) and although this may be a lot to ask for but make each game clickable. When game is clicked more detail is shown about game on side screen. Maybe this is where you could add the info for (1)

Oh and before I forget Go Leafs Go!!!
    cool, looks nice and clean. kinda looks like devils colors actually.

here are some thoughts, im sure some of this was covered already.

- instead of a today and yesterday buttons, would be cool to swipe fwd and backward.

- clickable teams.

- division standings.

- have a little note if games are being nationally broadcast (NBC, VS)

- maybe list whose in goal in real small font.

- maybe an ice wallpaper. maybe buttons that look like pucks or sticks. or is that too corny.

looks good.
    cujoq37 likes this.
  7.    #47  
    Updated to 0.0.3 in the first post. Please update to fix a number of bugs.

edit: I'm working with the Villo dev for the chat features you're all requesting... so please be patient with that.

I said it again, but I think we've solved the scores-not-updating bug. Please test it out and provide feedback.
    Last edited by neville; 10/24/2011 at 02:59 PM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Haven't had a chance to test 0.3 yet. One thing I noticed in 0.2 was it was pretty picky on where you swiped to get the feeds to go back to column width after you were reading a story. It's limited to the black bottom bar and you pretty much have to swipe from the "expand" button. I think that USA Today and the webOS news you can swipe from the article pane and also don't have to be right up to the edge. Just a thought, not an absolute need. It would help with the ease of use.
    Nice update, and thanks for listening to our requests!

Schedules - Would be nice if the team name linked to their web site.

I'll definitely be using this on Thursday night when the Wild play.

Mugg
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Works on touchpad?

Go Jets Go !!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugg View Post
    Nice update, and thanks for listening to our requests!

Schedules - Would be nice if the team name linked to their web site.

I'll definitely be using this on Thursday night when the Wild play.

Mugg
    I really wish the Wild could put things together and get firing on all cylinders. I'll give them a little time to adapt to Yeo's systems. At least we have the Gophers in the mean time.
    Im new to the WebOS crowd but I downloaded and installed the app. I hope to provide some feedback soon. I do like the simple and intuitive interface so far.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I installed the 0.3 version and in the about it says 0.1. Software manager said it was 0.3 both installs. I tried again and same thing. I could care less about the version listing correctly. My issue is I opened it at 11:42 and now it's 11:52 and it still says last updated at 11:42 even though it is set for updates every 5 minutes. I had it in card while I was browsing in another. Do I need it in the active card for it to update?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    I installed the 0.3 version and in the about it says 0.1. Software manager said it was 0.3 both installs. I tried again and same thing. I could care less about the version listing correctly. My issue is I opened it at 11:42 and now it's 11:52 and it still says last updated at 11:42 even though it is set for updates every 5 minutes. I had it in card while I was browsing in another. Do I need it in the active card for it to update?
    Observed the same thing, looking into it.

The versioning in the about is laziness/forgetfulness on my part.

edit: Since the beta has been so useful, next update I'll extend the expiry on the app to a week later.
    Last edited by neville; 10/26/2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi neville,

any plans to do something similar for the NBA? :-)

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
    Hi neville,

any plans to do something similar for the NBA? :-)

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    Depends on two factors:
    1) What the fate of webOS is
    2) How well the hockey app does in sales

Obviously there is a time vs effort analysis here... although it may not seem like it - the amount of time put into this app so far is monumental. If webOS dies a bloody death, or if I make virtually no sales with the hockey app... it would be hard to convince me to port it over to other sports.
    Plus there's that whole thing of will there be an NBA season...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Observed the same thing, looking into it.

The versioning in the about is laziness/forgetfulness on my part.

edit: Since the beta has been so useful, next update I'll extend the expiry on the app to a week later.
    I forgot to say thanks for the hard work so far. Auto-update is nice, but hitting refresh every once in a while isn't the end of the world. It's a nice app so far and even though this is beta testing and you're trying to iron out bugs, I feel bad only writing about bugs.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Hi neville,

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Depends on two factors:
    1) What the fate of webOS is
    2) How well the hockey app does in sales

Obviously there is a time vs effort analysis here... although it may not seem like it - the amount of time put into this app so far is monumental. If webOS dies a bloody death, or if I make virtually no sales with the hockey app... it would be hard to convince me to port it over to other sports.
    I think I know exactly what you mean. I've experienced just the same as you. The amount of time I put into my first app is also monumental, even if users don't expect it. But I just begun my second app, and now everything is a bit smoother and easier for me. So it is way much easier to build on that experience, than it was doing it the first time.

But as someone mentioned before, we also have to see if there is a nba saison this year. But I think the season will start just a few weeks later.

So, keep up the great work! And good luck with your app!
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    I had .2 - just grabbed .3 - really like the colors - not sure what's with the TimeZone - says MON vs PHI time is 1:30AM - my timezone is "New York".
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast