Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    2. I've seen it in another app that uses Villo.
    3. I've seen it on other NHL apps, not sure if they are breaking laws/paying royalties.

Would be nice is all
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2.    #22  
    2. If the join user chat thing is in another app it must be using a beta version of the framework that I don't have access to - or a custom implementation. The chat is something that I want to improve - adding those notifications/sounds is definitely something I want to do. Before I make any custom code or webservices, I'm going to wait until the end of the month (which is when the next villo is supposed to come out).

3. Definitely breaking laws and is bait for C&D legal action. My legal retainer is currently $0 so that would be devastating for me.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Just to address the numbered suggestions:
    1) Is possible but would be difficult. I'm going to try to run with it as is. I'm really waiting on the next beta of Villo which brings some more features to chat that I've requested.

2) This has to wait for the next beta of Villo as it's not supported in the API yet.

3) Logo's are trademarked/copyrighted so it's not possible

4) The source I get information isn't instant so unfortunately this also is not possible. The fastest it can refresh is a couple minutes behind.

5) Definitely possible.
    To get around 3) logo's situation, can you do team colors maybe? Just when you are going through schedules it may be easier to spot your team when it is sorted by "all teams" etc. just a suggestion.

For toronto: blue and white
    Boston: black and yellow
    Oilers: Orange and blue

etc.

I dunno just another suggestion.

Also you haven't replied back regarding the news feed / game chat on the side for portrait. Do you think you can implement it so it looks like it does i landscape where it fits all the text but can still see scores etc? Just a small thing really that I noticed.

Thanks!
    sledge007 and cujoq37 like this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs View Post
    Also you haven't replied back regarding the news feed on the side for portrait. Do you think you can implement it so it looks like it does i landscape where it fits all the text but can still see scores etc? Just a small thing really that I noticed.

Thanks!
    RE: Colours.

Something I'm looking at. It's on my "to-do" list but lower.

RE: the portrait viewing, it would be difficult since the resolution is far smaller and the scores are not resizable. It is, after all, the reason why the feeds are in a slider.
  5.    #25  
    I've added an updated application to the first post that should hopefully fix everyone's timezone issues.

I tested on my TP on mountain, pacific, and EST and they seem to all be fine now. Please let me know if they aren't.

Just a followup to the chat join sounds/notifications... I think I have a reasonable idea on how to do it. I'll think about it over the weekend and give it a whirl on Monday.

Also, I appreciate everyone's feedback so far - please keep it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs View Post
    Also you haven't replied back regarding the news feed / game chat on the side for portrait. Do you think you can implement it so it looks like it does i landscape where it fits all the text but can still see scores etc? Just a small thing really that I noticed.

Thanks!
    Don't know how hard this would be to code, when the app detects portrait mode change score column to single file instead of side by side?

Just a thought, I use my TP in portrait a lot.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #27  
    True...

I'll try to think of an easy way to re-render it over the weekend. For now, 0.0.2 will probably be the last release until Monday just to work out some kinks on the back end.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    One other suggestion, maybe in the about section of the app, put a link to this thread or a web page so it is easier when you do updates (stealing this idea from Inglorious Apps)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Times are fixed here PST
    i`m not using a touchpad. and you do not make it for veer.
    see it for funny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cool App. Will test it out tonight.

Go Wings!!!!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    well it's a TP app so 3.x

could try and install on phone since they all have enyo now (if you installed maps)
    Sorry, I was reading this from "new posts" feed and didn't pay attention to folder. My bad.
    No worries, since it's Enyo, it will boot on phones now so it wasn't a horrible question to ask.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Game In 20. Flyers off so Devils it is. Will have a better idea later, or maybe after Flyers play again.

First things I've noticed:

Would like to click team to bring up info like happens for scorers.

Would like to see division standings, not just conf.
    sledge007 likes this.
    is this In the app cat?

I'd love to beta for you.

go leafs go
  16.    #36  
    Not in the app cat yet. Will be when the beta is done.

You can download the app from the link in the first post.
  17.    #37  
    Looks like the scores aren't updating right now. Looking into the issue.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Looks like the scores aren't updating right now. Looking into the issue.
    The only way I got scores to update was rebooting it while I was reloading preware because it auto updated to 3.04 when I plugged it in.

Is there a way to add feeds to the RSS reader? I couldn't find one. I like having NHL.com and didn't think I saw any articles from them?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    The only way I got scores to update was rebooting it while I was reloading preware because it auto updated to 3.04 when I plugged it in.

Is there a way to add feeds to the RSS reader? I couldn't find one. I like having NHL.com and didn't think I saw any articles from them?
    Not right now. It's in my "nice to have" features list but might not make it to the release.

I'll add NHL.com for you, though.
  20.    #40  
    Scores not being updated should be fixed now (no update required).
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast