Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Picsel UK brings SmartOffice

In August Picsel UK received an overwhelming response from the WebOS community to a viral video showing a test port of SmartOffice™ on an HP Touchpad. Picsel UK committed to releasing a version of SmartOffice™ on the HP App Catalog. The company has worked closely with HP in delivering a flagship premium application. The Picsel SmartOffice™ for WebOS release gives HP WebOS users a choice and ability to download the first independent mobile office productivity suite available on the App Catalog.

From the 24th October users can purchase Picsel SmartOffice™ for the HP Touchpad from the App Catalog. SmartOffice™ provides superior document viewing and editing capabilities for Microsoft® Word and Excel, and is currently the only application for WebOS that enables you to create and edit Microsoft® PowerPoint documents.
    This is good, very good! thanks Picsel!!

The release also mentions some key features:

Create and edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint Documents
    View Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Txt and many image file types
    Send files as email attachments
    Cloud integration with Dropbox and Google Docs™
    Delete, copy and rename files in the SmartOffice™ file explorer
    Slide show mode in PowerPoint
    Full screen view – use the whole screen to view your document. Tap at the top of the screen to show the menu.
    Pages view – navigate document easily and quickly with 3D pages view
    N-Up: zoom out to show multiple pages, dynamically arranged on screen
    3D Stereo View – convert any document or image to 3D instantly to view using anaglyph glasses
  3.    #3  
    I wonder (hope) if the Pivot issue was delayed so that this could be the free app.
    That would be beyond awesome.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I wonder (hope) if the Pivot issue was delayed so that this could be the free app.
    My thoughts exactly. And lucky me I am on vacation on Monday
    Any word on pdf annotations? =(
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I told Picsel I'd buy it...and I will.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Hmm,

I wonder which Monday. I hope this is not another "it is going to happen..." and then nothing.

If this version is the same as the Android one then no PDF annotations. But I like the word, ppt very much way better than what we have now, but disappointed a bit in the pdf viewer as it is slow for some pdfs like ours is. In particular I am looking for a viewer that can handle digital newspaper pdfs from the Chicago Tribune and Detroit FreePress. I will say image quality and zoom is much better.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I also hope this will not be a zinio deja-vu.
    I was really hoping to wake up to this today After all the GraphiteWebOS missed dates, I sure hope this doesn't turn into the same.

Update: they just tweeted it has been slightly delayed and is now set for 2nd half of this week release..
    Last edited by volcom45; 10/24/2011 at 10:52 AM.
    What else is new, it's now coming Soon ...
    On their Twitter, they said there was a last minute issue and it would be out late in the week.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I'd rather wait and have a good product. So take your time, Picsel.

BTW, does it support autocorrect?
    Available in the Coming weeks™

Coming weeks is a trademark of Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P., a Texas Limited Partnership.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I was really hoping to wake up to this today After all the GraphiteWebOS missed dates, I sure hope this doesn't turn into the same.

Update: they just tweeted it has been slightly delayed and is now set for 2nd half of this week release..
    Yup, and Graphite still isn't available and their Twitter is dead
    Waiting for both Graphite and Picsel.
    Smart office is in the app catalog NOW. Has anyone tried it? How is the pdf rendering?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yeah!! Now we only need Zinio and a better twitter client (Graphite or Bad Kitty XL) and HP may let webOS die... I then have all functionality I need to at last another (half a) year before switching to another platform.

I'm getting Picsel later tonight. Seems like a PDK app and not a native webOS (Enyo) app judging from the screenies.
    Finally, I can do real work on my TP. Way better than QuickOffice, and Picsel is already working on an update that will include GPU acceleration. This app is just plain awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Smart office is in the app catalog NOW. Has anyone tried it? How is the pdf rendering?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Sadly, the first (LARGE) PDF file I tried opening which is SO slow on the stock Acrobat Reader we already had, tried to load and then gave me a message saying Memory Full. I loaded a few more that seemed to load quickly and nice, but the one thats a program of events full of pictures choked. I haven't given it a fair chance yet, but was a blind buy for me! Very happy to finally have it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast