Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just showed up in my App updates, after a restart, just now.

Was this expected? Any release notes?

After 3.04, I really want to make sure that I don't break something with another update.
    Updating now..
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Just showed up in my App updates, after a restart, just now.

Was this expected? Any release notes?

After 3.04, I really want to make sure that I don't break something with another update.
    The App Catalog update fixes the promo code bug.
    I installed them with no issues
    Just noticed and am now installing updates to Adobe Reader, HP App Catalog and Quickoffice. I wonder what the changes are?
    Seriously? I only have 5 docs on my touchpad and QO can't read one. Where is Picsel?
  7.    #8  
    Interesting.

Article wasn't there when I posted the OP.
    something big (good or bad) is definitely coming re: news. Shane Robison retires and his position isn't filled. A bunch of webos Updates to apps and 3.0.4 for TP. Why does adobe even care to support webos if it's being killed off?

Two scenarios:
    #1 (worst case) - this is the final wrap up. Final release of webos and so finalize changes to buggy apps before app catalog goes bye-bye. This fits the webosroundup rumor that the software engineers go-byebye at the end of the month

#2 (best case) - updates indicative of renewed interest in gettting webos stable including quickoffice and adobe and considering the stability fixes in 3.0.4 to make it mroe snappy, it almost feels as if a relaunch is coming, say with a new partner such as amazon or as crazy as it sounds within HP under meg as ceo.

Eitherway, a tumultous month ahead awaits.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    #1 (worst case) - this is the final wrap up. Final release of webos and so finalize changes to buggy apps before app catalog goes bye-bye. This fits the webosroundup rumor that the software engineers go-byebye at the end of the month
    Let's say the app catalog goes bye-bye on January 1, 2012.... what will happen if my
    Touchpad goes haywire on December 31 and I'm forced to use webOS Doctor to restore
    it?

(1) where will my Touchpad download all the old paid and free apps?

(2) how will I start up the Touchpad if HP shuts off support? won't my Touchpad be
    stuck at the language selectio menu?
    I updated and now Adobe Reader just hangs on the loading screen. Is it working for anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Let's say the app catalog goes bye-bye on January 1, 2012.... what will happen if my
    Touchpad goes haywire on December 31 and I'm forced to use webOS Doctor to restore
    it?

(1) where will my Touchpad download all the old paid and free apps?

(2) how will I start up the Touchpad if HP shuts off support? won't my Touchpad be
    stuck at the language selectio menu?
    All the activity ( including the fact that there is still a weekly newsletter with app codes) has given me hope. I've adopted tech in the past, and when a company closes the door it simply shuts it down ( anybody remember the Pippin, or the ospro.........)
    its working fine for me. Try restarting the device
    Adobe opened all of my files.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    something big (good or bad) is definitely coming re: news. Shane Robison retires and his position isn't filled. A bunch of webos Updates to apps and 3.0.4 for TP. Why does adobe even care to support webos if it's being killed off?

Two scenarios:

#2 (best case) - updates indicative of renewed interest in gettting webos stable including quickoffice and adobe and considering the stability fixes in 3.0.4 to make it mroe snappy, it almost feels as if a relaunch is coming, say with a new partner such as amazon or as crazy as it sounds within HP under meg as ceo.

Eitherway, a tumultous month ahead awaits.
    Adobe really doesn't have anything to do with Reader re: webOS; it's all done by the QO people.

Which is why both look and behave very similarly. I personally don't have a huge problem with QO, but for the most part (for what I use it for), it's exactly like Wordpad. Somewhat surprising that Google Docs has more features for example.
    aside from the speed improvements in QO nothing appears to have changed, adobe still shows prerendered images at low quality and is somewhat slow, QO lacks many features. They still stink.

Wating (in)paciently for picsel, both on the phone and tablet, mostly tablet because the pre+ can run docs to go on classic. Come on HP!
    I tried restarting twice and Adobe Reader still hangs when open it. Is there anyway to reinstall it?

Quickoffice loads. Maybe it was because I had Reader open when I ran the update?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Was really hoping Text Assist would be in the QuickOffice update...

Oh well. SmartOffice will be available Monday. Here's hoping they've got it in there.
    Last edited by detection; 10/21/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Quote Originally Posted by touchmepad View Post
    I tried restarting twice and Adobe Reader still hangs when open it. Is there anyway to reinstall it?

Quickoffice loads. Maybe it was because I had Reader open when I ran the update?
    Looks like if you delete it from the launcher (hold the icon till the 'x' in the corner pops up and the press the 'x' and choose delete) then do at least a luna restart, that it will show back up as a software manager up that which can be installed. Same applies to quick office. I just acted as guinea pig and tested both on mine.
    Even if the app catalog goes away there's always preware to the rescue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast