Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Looks like if you delete it from the launcher (hold the icon till the 'x' in the corner pops up and the press the 'x' and choose delete) then do at least a luna restart, that it will show back up as a software manager up that which can be installed. Same applies to quick office. I just acted as guinea pig and tested both on mine.
    There was no X for Reader. I ended up doing an erase all apps and data and now it works. I would recommend any updating close Reader before applying.
    I tried to "Install All" ; and just a blank screen came up. Nothing happens. I tried one by one; nothing happens. Is this update only in the USA and not out of it? I live in Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchmepad View Post
    There was no X for Reader. I ended up doing an erase all apps and data and now it works. I would recommend any updating close Reader before applying.
    That's strange, wonder why I got it and you didn't?
    this is great as QuickOffice is alot more useable now! Saving of files works and my formatting isues are all gone :-)

many thanks for this update to all parties involved **
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    That's strange, wonder why I got it and you didn't?
    I don't see an 'X' for any of the following apps: Adobe Reader, Messaging, Contacts, YouTube, Calculator, Camera, Memos, Email, Pnotos and Videos, Web and Maps.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Looks like if you delete it from the launcher (hold the icon till the 'x' in the corner pops up and the press the 'x' and choose delete) then do at least a luna restart, that it will show back up as a software manager up that which can be installed. Same applies to quick office. I just acted as guinea pig and tested both on mine.
    Adobe reader does not open for me too, after the update.

The 'x' sign shows up for other apps but not Adobe reader. When trying to delete from Software Manager there is a message "This application cannot be deleted from your device"

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruvikaran View Post
    Adobe reader does not open for me too, after the update.

The 'x' sign shows up for other apps but not Adobe reader. When trying to delete from Software Manager there is a message "This application cannot be deleted from your device"

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Sorry, not sure. Sounds like it shouldn't be showing up for me, yet it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Let's say the app catalog goes bye-bye on January 1, 2012.... what will happen if my
    Touchpad goes haywire on December 31 and I'm forced to use webOS Doctor to restore
    it?

(1) where will my Touchpad download all the old paid and free apps?

(2) how will I start up the Touchpad if HP shuts off support? won't my Touchpad be
    stuck at the language selectio menu?
    One word: Android!

As much as I hate to say it, if HP kisses it good by and we have no apps or way of restoring our TP's.... at least it will be a decent Android pad.

I'm a big fan of both, as both OS's have there advantages and I love that our TP is the only ONE that has both with the dual boot.

Have you given the Cyanogen Android os a shot?
    The great guys over at webOS-internals have posted the "webOS Survival Kit" in their wiki, how to prepare for the "Post-HP webOS-world"
    WebOS Survival Kit - WebOS Internals
    I don't see how HP can stop hosting the app catalog. Keep in mind that at this moment they are still selling new AND fully warranted products that almost certainly need app catalog access and webOS profile support to work.

what am I missing? And why does everyone think support could just end? Not to mention that they make money with the app catalog right--even if not much.

I think the worst case is that support goes away 1 year after they sell their last webOS warranted device. And that would still be a bad PRPRPR $move$.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    adobe updated for me and most of my pdfs open ok but I have a 22 mb one that the text is blurred, distorted or missing.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My Adobe reader is also hanging and when I hold down the app button I don't get an X to delete it. I don't want to delete everything & start over as I have dozens of PDF books and other files and pictures downloaded and I don't remember all the tweaks I did to get it running this well. Is there another app that will read PDFs?
    MissBert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12