Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Slacker Radio has no plan to create an app for Touch Pad. Is it possible to port the webOS phone client to TP?

    Thanks,
    Ken
  2. #2  
    if you have It on your phone you can copy it over. it works great on the tp and as a widget in glimpse.
  3. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    if you have It on your phone you can copy it over. it works great on the tp and as a widget in glimpse.
    How do you copy it over?
  4. #4  
    Here you go. Download the SDK and use the palm-package command. You can install the ipk with preware instead of webosquick install.

    How to copy Apps from your Phone to your Touchpad | All about webOS
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Here you go. Download the SDK and use the palm-package command. You can install the ipk with preware instead of webosquick install.

    How to copy Apps from your Phone to your Touchpad | All about webOS
    Sounds like I need a webOS phone. Out of curiostiy, is there a webOS phone emulator that will let me download to my PC?

    Ken
  6. #6  
    Sure, download the WebOS 2.1 SDK. It has the emulator in it. You'll need VirtualBox to run the emulator.
  7.    #7  
    Excellent, thank you!
  8. #8  
    is there a way to download the app if i dont have a webos phone?
  9. #9  
    Not that I know of legally.
  10. #10  
    This really drives me crazy that certain apps (DirecTV super fan I'm looking at you) work perfectly on a Pre 3 or a TouchPad but aren't available through their respective catalogs. For a platform that is already behind in apps why are they shooting themselves in the foot?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This really drives me crazy that certain apps (DirecTV super fan I'm looking at you) work perfectly on a Pre 3 or a TouchPad but aren't available through their respective catalogs. For a platform that is already behind in apps why are they shooting themselves in the foot?
    It's not solely HP/Palm, it's on the developer to certify that their app is compatible with device xyz when they submit it to the catalog. If the dev doesn't go back and check the boxes, their app won't show up as compatible (thus not in your app store), even if it really does work. So for apps where the devs have left/given up, it will be forever stuck that way.

    The fault on Palm/HP is really the OS fragmentation between 1.4, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, and 3.0, with effectively three different development frameworks (Mojo, Enyo, and PDK) which have differing levels of support between OS versions. This is what the Apple-centric media is touting as the obstacle for Android.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  12. #12  
    I would like to see a Slacker Radio app for the HP touchpad!
  13. #13  
    I would also like to see a tablet version of the Slacker Radio app for my HP Touchpad.

    Regards.

    Jim C.
  14. #14  
    You should be able to access it now using AppTuckerbox.
  15. mapenn's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    if you have It on your phone you can copy it over. it works great on the tp and as a widget in glimpse.
    How do you get Slacker to function inside of Glimpse?
  16. #16  
    First you need the dev cut of Glimpse. Then you add it as an external widget using the appid com.slacker.webosplayer
  17. mapenn's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #17  
    how do you get a "dev cut" of Glimpse?
  18. #18  
    Guessing it's technically not legal to copy it to a touchpad from a phone either but who is going to stop you or even know? Can't get it to begin with if you don't have a phone apparently. Seems crazy for a free app but guess it is what it is.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    how do you get a "dev cut" of Glimpse?
    Instructions Here

Posting Permissions