1.    #1  
    Looking for an RS232 Terminal Emulator (such as a VT100) which could use the Touchpads USB port, via a USB-to-Serial Cable, to connect to various switches and routers. This is so I can debug the devices while on-site and standing in front of them.

I have seen, as an alternative, that there are Bluetooth-to-Serial devices (~$100). Has anyone tried one of these on a Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by {cDS} Worm View Post
    Looking for an RS232 Terminal Emulator (such as a VT100) which could use the Touchpads USB port, via a USB-to-Serial Cable, to connect to various switches and routers. This is so I can debug the devices while on-site and standing in front of them.

I have seen, as an alternative, that there are Bluetooth-to-Serial devices (~$100). Has anyone tried one of these on a Touchpad?
    Can't help with the terminal emulator, but there are a couple of youtube vids about using the USB connector as a host (search for touchpad usb).

As well, there are Bluetooth serial adapters. Check eBay.
    Last edited by lar3ry; 11/09/2011 at 03:01 PM.
    I would be interested in this too means I wouldnt have to carry around my laptop for troubleshooting then