Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By twack
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Do you hate it when you "Add to Launcher" only to find you have an icon that looks nothing like the page you visited?

Do you have flash games stored on your device that you want to launch with a single button click.

Do you want a launchpoint for one button access to the dial or email someone?

Then you want "Shortcut Launcher". It is now available in the HP Apps Catalog ready for you to download. We hope that you find it useful and please let us know what you think by posting a review.

Thank you,
    Twack

We are currently working on a version for the Veer and the Pre's.
    We'll post a notice when that happens.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Does this allow editing existing shortcuts? I don't mind saving shortcuts in the browser, but it always ends up with shortcut names like "The #1 HP webOS, TouchP..".
    You can name them whatever you want in Shortcut Launcher. I somethimes don't name the shortcut at all. If an icon is designed right, or if it is so well know, it doesn't need a name.

Twack
    Last edited by twack; 10/19/2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for getting this released in a timely fashion! Purchased, first shortcut created and glowing review done - all within just a few minutes last night at the end of a very long day. Pretty good testament to how easy you've made it to have good shortcuts instead of that stupid partial moon

Cheers, Clarice
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    Thank you so much for getting this released in a timely fashion! Purchased, first shortcut created and glowing review done - all within just a few minutes last night at the end of a very long day. Pretty good testament to how easy you've made it to have good shortcuts instead of that stupid partial moon

Cheers, Clarice
    Thanks Clarice!

It keeps me motivated when I read posts like this.

Twack
    Really great app well worth the money. Make your own shortcuts, pretty much your own app creator
    Just downloaded this this morning. Very nice app. The ability to make attractive icon weblinks is one area where iOS beat webOS hands down. This type of program should be part of the system. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieLenny View Post
    Just downloaded this this morning. Very nice app. The ability to make attractive icon weblinks is one area where iOS beat webOS hands down. This type of program should be part of the system. Thanks.
    Thanks for the your post. Do you think HP would talk royalties?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    What is that partial moon and where does it come from? Last night I tried to make an launcher shortcut using an icon file from the web but when this app made the icon I got that half moon instead of the picture I selected. Perhaps it was the wrong format, not an icon so the app just defaulted to the half moon?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    What is that partial moon and where does it come from? Last night I tried to make an launcher shortcut using an icon file from the web but when this app made the icon I got that half moon instead of the picture I selected. Perhaps it was the wrong format, not an icon so the app just defaulted to the half moon?
    Could you please send me the image file that you used when you found a problem? Send it to my PM address.

Thanks,
    TWack

Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I also now have the partial moon for all of my Shortcut Launcher icons. It had displayed fine for serveral days, but tonight, I opened the Touchpad tonight and all of the icons were the moon.

twack, I'll send you a screen shot as a PM to show you. Hopefully there is an easy fix for this because otherwise I have to go add icons and URLs again manually (and possibly have them disappear again).
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    I also now have the partial moon for all of my Shortcut Launcher icons. It had displayed fine for serveral days, but tonight, I opened the Touchpad tonight and all of the icons were the moon.

twack, I'll send you a screen shot as a PM to show you. Hopefully there is an easy fix for this because otherwise I have to go add icons and URLs again manually (and possibly have them disappear again).
    This will happen in versions 1.0.2 and earlier when you move or delete the image files that were used to create the shortcuts. If you restore them to the same directory with the same names they will re-associate to the shortcut. This issue has been addressed in our upcoming release of v1.0.3.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    TWack

Very useful. Just created a pandora website link using the pandora icon out of the pandora app directory, looks good and runs full screen of course,