Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I have installed the original version, but now I come to update it, I cannot find any instructions.

Anyone?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    If you install impostah, you can change your store to US, then just go to the apps catalog and update from there.

- Open Impostah
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose US, English, a new email address, and a password
    - Tap Create Profile (then click yes through everything)
    - Tap Login
    - Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US.

- Open up Impostah again
    - Choose App catalog
    - enter com.palm.app.kindle
    - Get info
    - Install

- Open Impostah (again!)
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    If you install impostah, you can change your store to US, then just go to the apps catalog and update from there.

- Open Impostah
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose US, English, a new email address, and a password
    - Tap Create Profile (then click yes through everything)
    - Tap Login
    - Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US.

- Open up Impostah again
    - Choose App catalog
    - enter com.palm.app.kindle
    - Get info
    - Install

- Open Impostah (again!)
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password
    Thank you for your help..

I got to the bit bit marked "- Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US." ( I assume you mean "App Catalog" within Impostah, not the HP App catalog)

But it did not prompt me to choose my country. And "check access country" shows GB

Do you think webOS 3.0.4 might have broken it?

Do I need to reboot my TP after activation, and before installing Kindle?
    Ok, close impostah. Open it again go to app catalog and check country. If it still says gb then go back to activation and put in your email and password and login. The check you country in app catalog again. If it is us then you should just open up the HP app store and you can update you kindle app.

If its still a problem let me know

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Ok I tried exactly that. On both occasions the country is GB.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I also created another profile, just to double check for US. That didn't help

strange I did a clean install to 3.0.4 erasing all app/data from the touchpad and then using webos doctor. Then installed impostah and it worked fine for me.
    Hm, I had to ask the doctor as well - but without earsing everything before, because a conflict between update and the german keyboard layout froze my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    Hm, I had to ask the doctor as well - but without earsing everything before, because a conflict between update and the german keyboard layout froze my TP.
    I think doctor does not erase any data, so maybe that is the problem.
    And how can I earse any data?
    And how can I earse any data?
    what I did with mine is go to device, and then when you have the options for restart etc you can do a full erase. That is what I did.
    You mean, you did it during the TP was connected to a PC and you earsed everything via the PC or where could I find Device on the TP.

And what is more: Using the doctor brings back the saved settings and apps isnīt it? So how could I avoid this or does this no matter?

what I did with mine is go to device, and then when you have the options for restart etc you can do a full erase. That is what I did.
    You mean, you did it during the TP was connected to a PC and you earsed everything via the PC or where could I find Device on the TP.

And what is more: Using the doctor brings back the saved settings and apps isnīt it? So how could I avoid this or does this no matter?
    you go to settings -> device info

at the bottom you have rest options

then you have an option for full reset. be warned it deletes everything.
    alternatively sideload it using webosquickinstall
    alternatively sideload it using webosquickinstall
    Ok, thanks. I think, I wonīt try it now, cause with the file from Anne_Lente I got the newest kindle and everything I need so far, but I will try with surely upcoming bigger Problems...:-)
    Ok, thanks. I think, I wonīt try it now, cause with the file from Anne_Lente I got the newest kindle and everything I need so far, but I will try with surely upcoming bigger Problems...:-)
    :-)

I tried the app catalog and could not see 0.12.50, so did a bit of searching and looks like it came from the 3.0.4 ROM. So I sideloaded it aswell :-)
    Any noticeable changes in 0.12.50? Hesitant to load it until I verify Kindle Import will still work (or is unneccessary!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    Any noticeable changes in 0.12.50? Hesitant to load it until I verify Kindle Import will still work (or is unneccessary!)
    I loaded 12.50, and Kindle Import doesn't seem to be working. I get "Operation Failed" for everything I try.
    Did you try a hard reset by pressing power and launch buttons? The kindle import works fine on mine with this new version of kindle. Otherwise try to un-install and re-install kjndle import to see if that works.
    INFORMATION:
    Members,

It is against our forum rules to post copy-written files, or links to these illegal files (warez). Please do not post them, or request that they be shared. Thank you!

<<thread cleansed>>