Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Well, first off, can I just say that the music player that comes out of the box is GREAT. I really love it, has an iTunes feel to it, it's smooth and searches are quick, what more can I ask for.. other than the 'shuffle' songs problem.
    For some strange reason, when ever I stick all of my songs on shuffle, it never shuffles in to a track over the #400 mark. Literally NEVER. I have just a little over 2000 songs in my Touchpad, and I can't listen to half of them because the shuffle isn't functioning properly. I've read on a forum somewhere else that they also have the same problem. It's really annoying since I can't play more than a half of my music library. And since my music is in alphabetical order, it means that I can't listening to the music that starts from the letter 'E', onwards.
    It's really becoming a pain, I can play the music manually by searching for it, but if I do that, the playlist becomes only what I have just searched for, so if I search for 'Kid Cudi', only his songs will play.
    Has anyone got a fix for this? I really need a fix as the HP Touchpad is my primary music player now as my iPod is broken.
    Oh and by the way, I'm talking about the HP TouchPad 32GB OS 3.0.2

Thank You for the help, much appreciated.
    Last edited by f2k8; 10/18/2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by f2k8 View Post
    Well, first off, can I just say that the music player that comes out of the box is GREAT. I really love it, has an iTunes feel to it, it's smooth and searches are quick, what more can I ask for.. other than the 'shuffle' songs problem.
    For some strange reason, when ever I stick all of my songs on shuffle, it never shuffles in to a track over the #400 mark. Literally NEVER. I have just a little over 2000 songs in my Touchpad, and I can't listen to half of them because the shuffle isn't functioning properly. I've read on a forum somewhere else that they also have the same problem. It's really annoying since I can't play more than a half of my music library. And since my music is in alphabetical order, it means that I can't listening to the music that starts from the letter 'E', onwards.
    It's really becoming a pain, I can play the music manually by searching for it, but if I do that, the playlist becomes only what I have just searched for, so if I search for 'Kid Cudi', only his songs will play.
    Has anyone got a fix for this? I really need a fix as the HP Touchpad is my primary music player now as my iPod is broken.
    Oh and by the way, I'm talking about the HP TouchPad 32GB OS 3.0.2

Thank You for the help, much appreciated.
    I highly recommend Music Player (Remix), the app I wrote to enhance the music listening experience. It shuffles all your music no matter how many songs you have on your device. The db8 database system in webOS will only return 500 songs at a time, but my app indexes the results and keeps requesting songs (in chunks of 500) until every single one is found. My guess is the stock music app is not doing this which seems odd considering the HP developers should know about their own db8 limitations better than anyone.

Also many of my users have told me that my app is faster than the stock music app. And searching is much more advanced and can be accessed with a single tap from any screen. Also there's tons of other useful features in the app that the stock music app can't even dream of.

But the most important feature is the developer (me) is actively supporting the app and actually fixes bugs when they crop up. You won't have to wait for the next webOS release to receive bug fixes (if they ever come).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I highly recommend Music Player (Remix), the app I wrote to enhance the music listening experience. It shuffles all your music no matter how many songs you have on your device. The db8 database system in webOS will only return 500 songs at a time, but my app indexes the results and keeps requesting songs (in chunks of 500) until every single one is found. My guess is the stock music app is not doing this which seems odd considering the HP developers should know about their own db8 limitations better than anyone.

Also many of my users have told me that my app is faster than the stock music app. And searching is much more advanced and can be accessed with a single tap from any screen. Also there's tons of other useful features in the app that the stock music app can't even dream of.

But the most important feature is the developer (me) is actively supporting the app and actually fixes bugs when they crop up. You won't have to wait for the next webOS release to receive bug fixes (if they ever come).
    Ahh, no offence to you or your app, but when it comes to music.. on any device out there, I like to use the stock music player. I may get yours for temporary usage, so thanks for that. But I REALLY need the stock music player to load more than 500 tracks. Arghh, it's starting to really get on my nerves. With Beats audio in the device, why can they not fix a small issue like this. I really hope someone can stick a patch on preware for this issue. Are you good with patches your self? If you could work on one, it would REALLY be appreciated.
    Ahh, no offence to you or your app, but when it comes to music.. on any device out there, I like to use the stock music player. I may get yours for temporary usage, so thanks for that. But I REALLY need the stock music player to load more than 500 tracks. Arghh, it's starting to really get on my nerves. With Beats audio in the device, why can they not fix a small issue like this. I really hope someone can stick a patch on preware for this issue. Are you good with patches your self? If you could work on one, it would REALLY be appreciated.
    That's my point though... if the stock music app has a bug causing it to list the first 500 songs, you're going to be out of luck. Most likely a simple patch is not possible because they're probably just querying the "audio.file" db8 kind to get the list of songs. Db8 will only return 500 results. You have to write a decent amount of custom code to properly handle more than 500 results. I doubt anybody will take the time to write and test a patch like this. You're going to have to wait for HP to fix it themselves.

Why would I waste time writing a patch to an app I don't use? Obviously I use my own app to listen to music!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    That's my point though... if the stock music app has a bug causing it to list the first 500 songs, you're going to be out of luck. Most likely a simple patch is not possible because they're probably just querying the "audio.file" db8 kind to get the list of songs. Db8 will only return 500 results. You have to write a decent amount of custom code to properly handle more than 500 results. I doubt anybody will take the time to write and test a patch like this. You're going to have to wait for HP to fix it themselves.

Why would I waste time writing a patch to an app I don't use? Obviously I use my own app to listen to music!
    I guess you're right, thanks anyway.
    I'll try out your app, but I really hope HP get a hold of this, someone mentioned it on the P Forums, and an administrator replied back saying that they are looking in to it.
    I haven't install 3.0.4 yet, wondering if that did anything.
    I guess you're right, thanks anyway.
    I'll try out your app, but I really hope HP get a hold of this, someone mentioned it on the P Forums, and an administrator replied back saying that they are looking in to it.
    I haven't install 3.0.4 yet, wondering if that did anything.
    Yeah I'd check it out after the 3.0.4 update. I'm surprised a glaring bug like that wouldn't have been fixed.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yeah I'd check it out after the 3.0.4 update. I'm surprised a glaring bug like that wouldn't have been fixed.
    I still haven't done 3.0.4 but I was just listening to music, and my player was on shuffle, for the first time ever, it went from track #67 to #826 !
    When I pressed the 'back track' button, it went to #2 ?
    Usually, when I press 'back track', it ends up to the actual previous track.
    Strange.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Wow, I must have pressed 'next track' about 80 times there, and not once did it go over track #100.
    Ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My TP decided to automatically install 3.0.4 while I was asleep last night, so i quickly checked out the music player, and hoorah! It now shuffles ALL of my tracks. But, no there's no track #.
    But I don't mind.. it also feels super fast!!
    My TP decided to automatically install 3.0.4 while I was asleep last night, so i quickly checked out the music player, and hoorah! It now shuffles ALL of my tracks. But, no there's no track #.
    But I don't mind.. it also feels super fast!!
    How can you determine the order it plays in, if you want to play, say, the Bible with 1189 chapters as individual files?

Jim