Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I still cannot get it set up. States my user name and password is incorrect. I have tried loading it several times, deleted and re-installed, shut down the touchpad...nothing seems to work. I cannot set up the account.

11/05 Finally got it setup today after downloading latest version...cannot send SMS. Any ideas or help?
    Last edited by GiffordT; 11/05/2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: update
    I have this on my touchpad and Sprint pre and I can not send a text to a short code. Always get an error and it shows me a phone number on the TP and on my pre it shows the short code with a 1 added to the beginning of the number. Both devices receive texts from this same shortcode number. I just can not reply. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by vdillon View Post
    Are there plans to add support? I cannot use Voogle XL without it.
    Nothing else I use with google won't work with the authorized apps feature of the 2-step authorization. Not working with this is simply unacceptable. It is extremely short sighted for a paid app specifically for google access.

I'm holding back on the marketplace review for another week. But if this isn't fixed it will be my first negative app review.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiffordT View Post
    I still cannot get it set up. States my user name and password is incorrect. I have tried loading it several times, deleted and re-installed, shut down the touchpad...nothing seems to work. I cannot set up the account.
    Finally got it set up after latest up-date. Cannot send SMS...any ideas or suggestions?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiffordT View Post

11/05 Finally got it setup today after downloading latest version...cannot send SMS. Any ideas or help?
    Can you explain in more detail? What are you doing? Which screens/panes? New or existing message? etc... Thanks.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
    Nothing else I use with google won't work with the authorized apps feature of the 2-step authorization. Not working with this is simply unacceptable. It is extremely short sighted for a paid app specifically for google access.

I'm holding back on the marketplace review for another week. But if this isn't fixed it will be my first negative app review.

We clearly state in the App Catalog description that Google 2-step authentication is not currently supported.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    I have this on my touchpad and Sprint pre and I can not send a text to a short code. Always get an error and it shows me a phone number on the TP and on my pre it shows the short code with a 1 added to the beginning of the number. Both devices receive texts from this same shortcode number. I just can not reply. Any ideas?
    Can you DM/Email me. Would like to get more info in order to troubleshoot this issue that you are experiencing. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by concept2 View Post
    We clearly state in the App Catalog description that Google 2-step authentication is not currently supported.
    Is that really your last word on the matter? It's key to the functionality of any google applications. Google has made a big push for 2-factor authentication to keep accounts safe. And it has even left the door open for compatibility with specified application authentication key/passwords.

If your last word is "never" or "well it will work Voogle XL version 6" that I'll need to re-buy then I'll be sure never to buy any of your apps going forward.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by concept2 View Post
    Can you explain in more detail? What are you doing? Which screens/panes? New or existing message? etc... Thanks.
    got it all working...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
    Is that really your last word on the matter? It's key to the functionality of any google applications. Google has made a big push for 2-factor authentication to keep accounts safe. And it has even left the door open for compatibility with specified application authentication key/passwords.

If your last word is "never" or "well it will work Voogle XL version 6" that I'll need to re-buy then I'll be sure never to buy any of your apps going forward.
    I have not seen the word never, anywhere. All I have read is that it is not currently supported. This does not mean it is coming, this does not mean it isn't coming. It means what it says. Google Voice does not have an API. FYI
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

You should review on an app on doing what it says, not because it doesn't do something you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Only reason I purchased Voogle Xl is to make GV calls. I wish I can get a refund from HP.
    Only reason I purchased Voogle Xl is to make GV calls. I wish I can get a refund from HP.
    Of course you can't -- The Google Voice service doesn't make calls, it forwards calls to / from other telephones.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 likes this.
    does the app have to be open to receive notification? Cuz I don't receive anything when its not open nor open! Is this normal?
    I'm getting sms messages, but no longer getting my gmail. Has something gone wrong?
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Of course you can't -- The Google Voice service doesn't make calls, it forwards calls to / from other telephones.

Thanks eblade! If Google Voice services doesn't make calls then how come I can make calls from Android phone using Google Voice.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Are you wanting to use GV as a VOIP or just wanting to use the GV number? If the latter, you can build dial strings to do that.

See post: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3224818
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    I would like to use GV as a VOIP like Skype. Can this be done with Touchpad?
    I would like to use GV as a VOIP like Skype. Can this be done with Touchpad?
    Thanks eblade! If Google Voice services doesn't make calls then how come I can make calls from Android phone using Google Voice.

Because your android is a phone (try it from cm7 or from some other android device that doesn't have cell capability)

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 and concept2 like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast