Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hi community,

I've built an opensearch search-plugin, that opens the appcatalog with the searchterm as the promocode. You can install the search-plugin by visiting the following page with your webOS Device:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13135979/promoplugin.htm

Install the search-plugin from the notification and choose the installed engine from the list of websearches when you paste a promocode into Just Type.

So copy a Promocode, paste into Just Type, choose the installed plugin from the list of websearches and the appcatalog launches with the promocode.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What a great idea! Thanks for making it. I'll definitely be using it!
    Works great--thanks!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    works great. :-)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Good idea. Thanks.
    will this work with 3.0.4??
    Works great... Love the idea wish I had it before..thanks

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    I just tried it with an expired promo code on 3.0.4. Does what I expected (Dialog with expired code message).
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    The search-plugin only passes the appcatalog-URL to the system and webos is interpreting: "Hey it's an URL to the appcatalog. Let's open the catalog instead of the browser".

So unless the webOS GBU releases an Update of the catalog due to changes in their URL-structure the Just Type Promocode search-plugin works with all Versions of webOS and should be update save.
    Last edited by Proximity; 10/18/2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Thanks!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I installed the search engine (I think! I clicked on the notification and it said that something was installed).

when I paste the promo code into Just Type, do I then select the HP app catalog as the search engine? When I try that it always says 'no apps found' I tried a few recently expired codes.

thanks.
    Last edited by hemster; 10/19/2011 at 02:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    In the group of "Launch and Search" you need to tap on the entry "WebOS AppCatalog Promocode" that maybe hides under the "+more" entry.

If you don't find it there, you'll have to add it in the Preferences / Settings (scroll all the way down). In the group of "Launch and Search" you need to tap on "Add more searches" and then on the entry "WebOS AppCatalog Promocode" to add it to the list of entries shown in Just Type.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    In the group of "Launch and Search" you need to tap on the entry "WebOS AppCatalog Promocode" that maybe hides under the "+more" entry.

If you don't find it there, you'll have to add it in the Preferences / Settings (scroll all the way down). In the group of "Launch and Search" you need to tap on "Add more searches" and then on the entry "WebOS AppCatalog Promocode" to add it to the list of entries shown in Just Type.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Thanks for the clear instructions. It now works! Thank you for creating this app.
    Hi, I typed in the url but I get nothing in the notification bar to select a search engine. Any other way to access this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pod7381 View Post
    Hi, I typed in the url but I get nothing in the notification bar to select a search engine. Any other way to access this? Thanks.
    I had the same problem. I just had to leave my browser on the page for a while until the option appeared in the notification bar. I'm not sure why it took my Touchpad so long to find it as someone else I know got the notification immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by pod7381 View Post
    After hitting hyperlink, all I'm seeing is to click below to install, but there's nothing below to click.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    There is nothing below on the website to click on. You should see a notification pop up from below that tells you, that a new search-plugin has been found. Tap on it to install the "Just Type Promocode" search.

For Touchpad users the notification is above in the topbar. I should edit the page to unconfuse Touchpad-Users : )

Thanks for the input. I will fix it as soon as I'm Home.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    There is nothing below on the website to click on. You should see a notification pop up from below that tells you, that a new search-plugin has been found. Tap on it to install the "Just Type Promocode" search.

For Touchpad users the notification is above in the topbar. I should edit the page to unconfuse Touchpad-Users : )

Thanks for the input. I will fix it as soon as I'm Home.

cheers,
    Proximity
    Hi Proximity,
    I know where the notification SHOULD be on my TP. Problem is, I do not get the notification. Any way around this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If the notification doesn't appear, it is most likely already in the cache of Just Type searches, that are waiting to be added.

In the Preferences / Settings of Just Type you need to tap on "Add more searches" in the group of "Launch and Search". Then look for the entry "WebOS AppCatalog Promocode" and tap on it to add it to the list of entries shown in Just Type.

Sorry for the delay in answering, but I've been away shortly. Good Luck.

cheers,
    Proximity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast