View Poll Results: How useful would this be?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seriously - I'd pay up to $10.00 for it

6 50.00%
  • Really - I'd pay less than $10.00 for it

5 41.67%
  • Quite - I'd pay no more than $1.00 for it

0 0%
  • Vaguley - If it were free

1 8.33%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave.M.Davies
  1.    #1  
    Would it be at all possible to run any of the Canon utilities on a TouchPad?
    see link here -> EOS 7D
    There are some really key ones:
    EOS Utility (available in Windows and Mac)
    Canon RAW CODEC

Same for other camera manufacturers- These would be a real hit with the photo community.

I really don't understand why you have to go through a PC to get stuff onto a TP.
    Ken Diaz likes this.
    +1 it would be great if you could dump jpg files directly to the TP for immediate viewing.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, I've been looking at the Wireless Transfer Canon can do via a bolt on for the camera. This would work really well on any Tablet as it uses wireless Ethernet and/or bluetooth.

Still think you sould be able to import/view on to a tablet.
    there Is a WiFi sd memory card sold by jessops which has been on my mind for some time now
    and as I own an Eos 5D which uses cf an adapter would be needed. I have asked for these things for xmas as I think I'll give it a go on boxing day if santa delivers.
    As a non-cannon dslr user I wouldn't be interested - so bear in mind your poll is not offering that option...
    I've said before, but I'd pay for a Eye-Fi app, but not anything that is only specific to one make of camera.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have Nikon gear myself and would be interested in some simple viewing software to exploit the IPS screen while out and about.

first and foremost would be a screen calibrator, especially since all screens are not created equal.
    second will be a RAW viewer. Getting into image manipulation would probably require much more processing power than what's available.
    with just these two, you could look at your images and critique it using the larger screen and get an appreciation for any color/image corrections to apply in camera before shooting again.
    I can't see the TP being any more useful in this regard.

with that said, maybe an app around $5 would be worth it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam small View Post
    there Is a WiFi sd memory card sold by jessops which has been on my mind for some time now
    and as I own an Eos 5D which uses cf an adapter would be needed. I have asked for these things for xmas as I think I'll give it a go on boxing day if santa delivers.
    Saw that as well - as a part of a Sandisk co-brand. However all it does is send the images to the internet. see Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web.

I still think there is a market for a direct connect and then an ability to view RAW images.
  9.    #9  
    My intention was for ALL Digital Cameras to be able to connect. I just do't see the point of hawking a laptop AND a tablet PC around.

I'm sure we could get the various manufacturers to provide to CODECS for their file formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave.M.Davies View Post
    Saw that as well - as a part of a Sandisk co-brand. However all it does is send the images to the internet.
    Actually, no it doesn't. You can upload them to the internet, but it also can send them only to your PC. There's also a direct mode for when there's no wifi hotspot around.

For a good example of an iPad app that works with it: ShutterSnitch
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually, no it doesn't. You can upload them to the internet, but it also can send them only to your PC. There's also a direct mode for when there's no wifi hotspot around.

For a good example of an iPad app that works with it: ShutterSnitch
    Just posted a question on ShutterSnitch to see if they could do a port to the TouchPad.
    2ndNature forums • View topic - Could you port to TouchPad?
    Worth a try