1.    #1  
    I wanted to follow up to a post that was here on PreCentral a few weeks back regarding CompanionLink's soon-to-be-released USB sync for webOS devices...

Well - it's here! As of today you can sync contacts, calendars, tasks, and memos via USB to any webOS device, including the TouchPad. We're definitely excited to release this update, so head over to our blog if you'd like to read about it and get started with it:

companionlink.com/blog/2011/10/usb-sync-comes-to-webos/

And, as always, if you have any questions, I'm here to help!

- David Z.
    CompanionLink Software
    Spectacular product. I tested and I really love it.

Unfortunately, leave a long time without support (webOS 2.x - migrate all my informations to Cloud) and is very expensive to I can use in only one device...

And I have one doubt: finally can sync the contacts pics in Palm Desktop?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #3  
    Rnp -

Thanks for the compliment - we're glad you like CompanionLink!

As for the delay in getting USB sync support out for webOS - I definitely apologize. It was something that took us a while to figure out how to do properly, and we wanted to make sure we did it right.

Lastly, contact photos should transfer between Palm Desktop and webOS just fine. If you are experiencing any trouble with this, let me know and I can look into what's going on for you!

- David
    Thank you. It locked up during the first scan on the TP. Restarted app and it worked just fine. 3679 files backed up. Takes awhile the first time with all those files.

Can you put in some error handling for when the TP drops it's wifi connection? Currently it just sits on the Syncing Now! screen. Then I have to cancel out and restart the sync.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Thank you. It locked up during the first scan on the TP. Restarted app and it worked just fine. 3679 files backed up. Takes awhile the first time with all those files.

Can you put in some error handling for when the TP drops it's wifi connection? Currently it just sits on the Syncing Now! screen. Then I have to cancel out and restart the sync.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the first sync can take a while when you have that many contacts. Subsequent syncs should be much faster.

As for the error handling details: I'll pass this information along to our devs. Thanks for sharing!

- David
    I was very excited to try out your program as it is exactly what I've been looking for, a way to sync my Pixi Plus to my laptop via USB.

However looking at the trouble shooting guide:
    ERSP: webOS - Not all data moves from Palm Pre to PC using CL USB Sync - CompanionLink Knowledge Base

It implies that the ONLY way to backup all my contacts, which are in the Palm Profile account is RECREATE/RE-ENTER all of them and assign them to the CL USB Sync account.

Is this correct? Doesn't this make the product all but useless? I assume I am missing something because if this is correct it means that for all practical purposes there is no way to backup any information that was entered BEFORE installing the Companionlink app and creating the Companionlink account on your phone...
  7.    #7  
    Atif -

Unfortunately, due to the way webOS is set up, we don't have 3rd party access to the Palm Profile account. As such, we can't read that data. As stated in the article you linked to, we need the data in our own profile to be able to access it.

You could sync to Google from the Palm Profile, as they've built that feature into webOS. Further, you could then sync from Google to your laptop (to Outlook, or whatever software you're using), then take Google out of the equation and sync via USB from the laptop to the phone. That may be a more complex solution than you're looking for, however.

Let me know if I can offer additional help!

- David
    CompanionLink Software
    We are going to test this product in the new year to sync Act fields into the TouchPad. Is there a limit on the records? Our full database has thousands.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    We are going to test this product in the new year to sync Act fields into the TouchPad. Is there a limit on the records? Our full database has thousands.
    There's no limit, other than the amount of available physical storage on the device. Since contacts/calendars/etc don't take much space at all, you shouldn't run into any issues even with thousands of records.

- David
    CompanionLink Software
    David,

Some chance to make some promotional discount for Companion Link in this end's year?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Some chance to make some promotional discount for Companion Link in this end's year?
    I think I can work something out - use the code POST10 at checkout to save $10!

- David
    CompanionLink Software