Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Seriously HP? Epic fail!

# end rant
    I wish ppl would stop with the whole 'epic fail' thing. Seriously. It's done.

& comparatively this hardly seems like an 'epic fail' to begin with.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I saw it a couple of days ago then it went away....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post

& comparatively this hardly seems like an 'epic fail' to begin with.
    Well, then HP should have never put out a tease. At some point, you stop CPR and call the code. They just need to announce it either way. Any floundering at a corporate level the scale of HP is a failure of epic proportions IMHO.
    Did anybody actually read it, or just download the apps and forget about it?

I have no shame in saying the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

I used to read bits of it. You don't get free apps in the UK either AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    I for one think 'epic fail' is still a meme on the cutting edge of relevance...

NOT!

sledge007 and Vistaus like this.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

Always struck me as a weird magazine anyway - full of pictures of hipster types who are more likely to be using an ipad.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    smackead likes this.
    I thought it was interesting and I'm disappointed that it seems to be dead. I'll be OK if they just put something better as a permanent opening screen instead of "stay tuned- its coming"
    I flicked through the second edition, but haven't really read it since then.

I now look at it as a barometer for HP's commitment to webOS. This delay seems to indicate that this commitment is declining rapidly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

I now look at it as a barometer for HP's commitment to webOS. This delay seems to indicate that this commitment is declining rapidly.
    That's how I look at it too.. not so much an epic fail perhaps, as a rapid real-eyes-ation that they can no longer believe in their own Hype!
    In that case.. why also should WE!

My thoughts exactly. I've posted a few times about being frustrated at the lateness of the pivot. I really never did read it much, but just searched for free codes. And all that time I spent looking for it or complaining about it, I could have been trying out new homebrew apps.I was in love with the idea of a monthly mag and the psychological needs it was fulfilling--like HP's continued committment. So, the content really wasn't the important part. It's very reassuring getting a monthly blog that's symbolically saying "we're still around, we're still plugging along, and we haven't deserted you."

Even if it isn't true, that's what I want to read.
    Last edited by woosh; 10/14/2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: too preachy
    I read it. The first one was pretty entertaining. I did also enjoy free apps, and those that were highlighted were cool.

I don't like the fact that we are left without any information sucks.

I am feeling like a mushroom. [Kept in the dark and fed 8ull$h!t]
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    My TP has shown the July issue since I bought it, so you're quite lucky you got 3 so far!
    There was a tweet about an hour ago from @webOSPivot saying "Stay tuned - The new issue will be available very soon!"
    the pulled the release back so they could include articles about the hipsters occupying wall street.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

The unexpected Maps/Enyo update for phones says otherwise to me.
    5 days left in the month! Think they'll make it?
    I never knew there was more than one page to it, shows how much attention I paid.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    5 days left in the month! Think they'll make it?
    It is no longer a monthly magazine. They have been telling us for a while now that the "sports" issue is coming soon, not the October issue.

I say the end of monthly Pivots is long over with.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast