Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am making an app to convert your WebOS device on a full DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME.

This is the very first version, but it is still not approved. I would like you to try it. I created a text for the market, but it was too large. I will put it here

Notice that it is the very first version, and although it works, many features are missing that will be done on next versions.

Currently it load pictures located in a folder called /photos, from the camera roll (only on TP) and from FaceBook (if previously loaded by system).

==============================================
    Do you like Digital Photo Frames?

Your device has some native applications that will display photos as a Digital Photo Frame (DPF), but they are very limited.

With Diniplay's Digital Photo Frame software, your device will turn into a great DPF to display all your photos in a very convenient way.

And with a great ease of use.

Your photos will be displayed in ramdon order, but if you like one of a set, you can browse the photos easily with just the touch of the screen.

Also a very convenient clock is displayed on the screen while your photos are shown on your device screen.

DPF will find your photos stored in the main memory of the device (in the directory/folder "/photos"), the ones taken by the camera (in "/DCIM") and the ones from your Facebook!

We are so excited about our new app that we can not wait to share it with you anymore.

Just download it while it is in promotion price, and you will get new updates with the upcoming options, as Flickr, Albums management and everything you can think!

We have so many things on our mind to improve Digital Photo Frame that you can expect almost a new upgrade per week!

Remember, NOW it is in promotion price, and it will be more expensive in a few days. Just download it today and support us to improve it more!

FEATURES:

-No settings. Can it be more easy? Nothing to touch. Just run and go.

-Fade, pan and movement. Images are displayed using a sweet animation system that will make your slideshow even more enjoyable.

-Clock. A clock displays current date and time for your convenience.

-Random. Do you have a ton of photos and are tired of watching always the sames? DPF will display them in random order for your convenience.

-Navigate. Do you like a photo? Just touch the screen and swipe your finger to navigate into similar photos.

-Forget and go. Do not touch the screen for 3 seconds and the slideshow will start again.

SET-UP:

Just create a folder on your device called "photos" (in lowercase!). Drop into this folder all your photos. That's all.

Due to memory limits, image sizes are limited to 4096x4096 pixels (in touchpad). Anyway, we have found that the best is to use some software on your computer to downscale them to your device screen:
    -TouchPad: 1024x768 or 768x1024
    -Mobile phones: 320x480 or 480x320

They will take less space on your device, will be loaded in less time, will eat less memory from your device and no quality loss is seen on your device screen.

Digital Photo Frame will read also the photos taken by your device's camera (as said before, as image sizes are limited, the camera photos reading has been disabled on the phones. Sorry. Will try to fix this but not soon. Meanwhile, copy them to the photos folder and resize dowm them.)

If you have setup a Facebook account on your device and it has downloaded photos, they will be added to the slide show list.

UPCOMING (in no especific order):

-FlickR. DPF will download photos from FlickR and display them. You can download the FlickR's featured ones, use a search term or by user.

-Picassa. The same as FlickR

-Pinch for Zoom. While in "manual" mode, pinch with two fingers to zoom a photo and explore it.

-Change times. The time delay and mix time for photos will be changeable.

-Device turn. Turn the device and display your photos in portrait or landscape mode.

-Customizable clock. You will be able to turn on or off the on screen clock, and customize it to your desiree.

-Music: listen your music library while watching your photos!

-Weather. Do you want to know the weather on your city? Just go to the window and look outside! Or perhaps you are lazy as me, and will look at your device screen.

-Albums. Your photos will be separated in albums, and DPF would show photos only of your desired albums. Currently, DPF is using internally albums, but the "select album menu" is not created. If you want to prepare your actual photos for upcoming album options, just separate your photos in directories/folders inside the /photo folder. Directories inside directories will not be used as albums. So, you should have a directory structure like this on your phone:

/photos
    /Christmas 2010/
    001.jpg
    /Summer 2011
    anyname.jpg
    morephotos.jpg

If you have any problem or any idea, please, email me and I will try to fix it or get it working. Positive feedback on the store is wellcomed!

=================================================

http://www.diniplay.com/misc/com.din...1.12.0_all.ipk
    I installed this app with Preware but could not get it to work. There is an icon in the launcher for the app but clicking on it produces no results. Since I am looking for an app like this one I would love to see you get it completely functional.
    good start. Should be option to minimize clock and upgrade.
    would be nice to control speed and fade in
    Tried it and it seems nice enough.
    However it just does more or less what the current "exposition" mode do.
    I'm particularly interested by the feature to automatically download from Flickr/Picasa/Box.net/whatever.
    I'll wait for the next version.

Keep the good work !
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    Tried it and it seems nice enough.
    However it just does more or less what the current "exposition" mode do.
    I'm particularly interested by the feature to automatically download from Flickr/Picasa/Box.net/whatever.
    I'll wait for the next version.

Keep the good work !
    Perhaps you mean "Exhibition" mode? My app Slide RSS will already provide highly configurable slideshows both in app mode and in Exhibition mode, and you can use the Media RSS feeds to bring in photos from most photo-sharing sites, including Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, and 500px.
  6.    #6  
    Sorry guys, I have been a bit busy here.

I have a new version, with no (many) changes outside, but internally changed to future improves.

The problem is that HP is sending me back the app saying "it closes as soon as I touch the screen", and I dont understand why. I have asked them to check the log, as it is the 3rd or 4th version I sent them, that works for me and not for them.

My program the only "strange" thing that does is accesing ""/media/internal/photos/" and even so, if no files are found, it should show a message on screen...

Perhaps is something relating to me/us having preware and not them?

Is there a way to "disable" preware, not uninstalling it?

If someone is able to test it on a no-preware device it would be GREAT.

http://www.diniplay.com/misc/com.din...1.12.2_all.ipk

Thank you for your help
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Perhaps you mean "Exhibition" mode? My app Slide RSS will already provide highly configurable slideshows both in app mode and in Exhibition mode, and you can use the Media RSS feeds to bring in photos from most photo-sharing sites, including Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, and 500px.
    Hey, do not steal my clients!
  8.    #8  
    The app is now on the store, and a new version is also sent.

1.13:
    -Now it can read any jpg file size
    -Added camera roll photos for all devices
    -PNG files are ignored
    -folder starting with "." are ignored

What do you want next?
    I am looking for a program that can basically display three things in exhibition mode

1. pictures
    2. time
    (3. weather )

At the same time, without switching.

For pictures I personally do not need any integration with web services, so the standard photo viewer would work as well. But I also want to use the touchpad to replace a real clock when in exhibition mode. Your application can show the time, but currently the clock is too small, it is not possible to read the time from a few meters apart. My ideal would be a digital clock where the digits are 3-4 cm high, and I think it would be much more readable if the clock is not displayed embedded in the picture, but below the picture, even if that means that the pictures are smaller.

Weather integration would be optional. I would find it nice to see the weather for today and the next days at a glance. So maybe display the pictures in the top left, the weather on the right side, and the clock at the bottom
  10.    #10  
    The new clock of the latest version sent to HP (1.14,sent last 8 nov) has a bigger clock, but it has not been approved yet.

Also I have here another version, 1.15 that adds the "preferences" menu, where you can choose clock on/off/format, date, GMT fix (due to WebOS GMT bug), random or sequential order...

email me and I will sent you this new version.

Any feedback is welcomed.
  11.    #11  
    The new clock of the latest version sent to HP (1.14,sent last 8 nov) has a bigger clock, but it has not been approved yet.

Also I have here another version, 1.15 that adds the "preferences" menu, where you can choose clock on/off/format, date, GMT fix (due to WebOS GMT bug), random or sequential order...

email me and I will sent you this new version.

Any feedback is welcomed.
    Is there a way to look in hidden folders?
    "-folder starting with "." are ignored"
    I have some photos in some of those folders.

Can the app display photos from an RSS feed without downloading them? I would prefer to not download my picasa folder to the TP.
    It would be nice is if someone could add the ability to have the photo not react to any touch what so ever. So you could then use the tablet to trace over whatever is on the screen.

it would be perfect for my friend that is a tattoo artist. Save him some time and hassle of printing out the pics and then tracing those. He could zoom in on the pic to the size he needs to trace it at then press a button to lock the image and then trace away.

If something like this is possible let me know. Id purchase it for sure!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Is there a way to look in hidden folders?
    "-folder starting with "." are ignored"
    I have some photos in some of those folders.

Can the app display photos from an RSS feed without downloading them? I would prefer to not download my picasa folder to the TP.
    Currently it ignores any folder starting with ".", but not the sources (the very first directory) starting with the dot. As soon as the file manager is finished, you can "fix" it. Let me explain.

Now, there is 3 sources, "/media/photos", "/media/facebook" and "/media/dcim", and it ignores folders inside "sources" with the dot (as /media/photos/.pr0n)

If in the file manager you select as source "/media/.hidden", the content will not be ignored, (except folders inside also starting with ".")

It has to be this way so the app ignores the ".thumbnails" folders created by other programs (as webos photo app itself)

About the RSS feed, I want to download just 1 photo, display it, download next and so. Time will see, but thats my idea.

Also, I have another app (the same but with "special" code), that opens with a special code and just display the folder "/media/.pr0n" Ideal when you have boys at home (and a wife...)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    It would be nice is if someone could add the ability to have the photo not react to any touch what so ever. So you could then use the tablet to trace over whatever is on the screen.

it would be perfect for my friend that is a tattoo artist. Save him some time and hassle of printing out the pics and then tracing those. He could zoom in on the pic to the size he needs to trace it at then press a button to lock the image and then trace away.

If something like this is possible let me know. Id purchase it for sure!
    If I understand you, you need "pinch and zoom" and a "lock photo" icon, right?

Pinch&zoom was planned for a (near) future. The "lock" is easy.

Go buy it now, because it is more expensive after each version (ok, just 10 cents each version). You can change the display time to 1 million seconds, that will work almost like a pause
    Quote Originally Posted by ampos View Post
    Currently it ignores any folder starting with ".", but not the sources (the very first directory) starting with the dot. As soon as the file manager is finished, you can "fix" it. Let me explain.

Now, there is 3 sources, "/media/photos", "/media/facebook" and "/media/dcim", and it ignores folders inside "sources" with the dot (as /media/photos/.pr0n)

If in the file manager you select as source "/media/.hidden", the content will not be ignored, (except folders inside also starting with ".")

It has to be this way so the app ignores the ".thumbnails" folders created by other programs (as webos photo app itself)

About the RSS feed, I want to download just 1 photo, display it, download next and so. Time will see, but thats my idea.

Also, I have another app (the same but with "special" code), that opens with a special code and just display the folder "/media/.pr0n" Ideal when you have boys at home (and a wife...)
    The reason I ask is that with SlideRss I can already select a feed to one of my Picasa folders. The problem is, I have about 100 photos to a folder, and dozens of those folders. So if I want a continuous slideshow of multiple folders, that is a lot of precious disk space on my 16gb TP since SlideRSS downloads the photos to display them (most are high resolution). The large .jpgs are downloaded from the feed to a hidden folder in the slideRSS folder (media/internal/SlideRSS/.pics). It would be nice if your program could access those as well.
    I was looking for a way to just view a slideshow from my picasa folders without downloading them. I think Flickr Mundo can do that for flickr.
  17.    #17  
    1.14 is online now, and 1.15 has been sent (and getting more expensive!)

Do you like Digital Photo Frames? Your device has some native applications that will display photos as a Digital Photo Frame (DPF), but they are very limited.

With DPF you can display all your photos in a very convenient way, randomly; but if you like one of a set, you can browse the photos easily with just a touch on the screen.

DPF will find your photos in the main memory (/photos), camera and Facebook (FB not yet on webos2).

We are so excited about our new app that we can not wait to share it with you anymore.

Download it while it is in promotion price (it will be more expensive later!), and you will get new updates with the upcoming options, as Flickr, Albums management and everything you can think!

Easy start! Just launch and your photos will be displayed with fade, pan and movement; a date&time clock, random order, device tilt, navigate with finger touch… and exhibition compatible.

With the option menu you can change display time, order, clock&date format...

Setup: just create a folder on your device called "photos" (in lowercase!). Drop into this folder all your photos. That's all.

It is recomended to downscale your photos to 1024x768 pixels. They will take less space and memory and will load faster. And almost no quality losses.

Upcoming: FlickR and Picassa, pinch for Zoom, music, weather, albums…

Please, copy your photos as separate folders inside /photos folder so they will be used as albums in next versions. So, you should have a directory structure like this on your phone:

/photos
    /Christmas 2010/
    001.jpg
    /Summer 2011
    anyname.jpg
    morephotos.jpg

Ideas? Problems? Email us!

1.15:
    -Added menu:
    Random or sequential display
    Clock ON/Off/formats
    Date off/formats
    Change fade and display duration
    Manual Fix for WebOS GMT bug
    -No more stop at start
    -Device tilt (beta)
    -Clock more visible
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas.koenig.de View Post
    I am looking for a program that can basically display three things in exhibition mode

1. pictures
    2. time
    (3. weather )

At the same time, without switching.

For pictures I personally do not need any integration with web services, so the standard photo viewer would work as well. But I also want to use the touchpad to replace a real clock when in exhibition mode. Your application can show the time, but currently the clock is too small, it is not possible to read the time from a few meters apart. My ideal would be a digital clock where the digits are 3-4 cm high, and I think it would be much more readable if the clock is not displayed embedded in the picture, but below the picture, even if that means that the pictures are smaller.

Weather integration would be optional. I would find it nice to see the weather for today and the next days at a glance. So maybe display the pictures in the top left, the weather on the right side, and the clock at the bottom
    Throw in an alarm and animated aquarium, and I would pay $10-15 for a superb exhibition app.
  19.    #19  
    If I add an aquarium then it is not a Digital Photo Frame but a Digital Aquarium...

Put "alarm" in to-do list
    But then we get two apps in one,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast