Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By W00sh
  1.    #1  
    Which days of the week does HP release free promo codes for Touchpad owners?
    (either via email or on the Palm blog)
  2. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #2  
    Usually Tues or Thurs @ 3pm. Usually.
  3. #3  
    Which timezone?
    Brian
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    Which timezone?
    I'm in London(south Luton airport area, actually)... so that's a few hours ahead of US time zones.
    (via VPN in the US)
  5. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    Which timezone?
    Ooppss .. stupid of me.

    3 P.M. Easter Standard Time.

    BTW, don't quote me on this. I've just noticed this by myself and I believe some other posters noticed the same observation.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Which days of the week does HP release free promo codes for Touchpad owners?
    (either via email or on the Palm blog)
    Whatever time I can't get 'em? Hah
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Whatever time I can't get 'em? Hah
    I haven't been getting them either, but I tweeted @palm and whoever is in charge of the Palm Twitter account said they'd look into if if I DM'd them my webOS account e-mail address. I did and haven't heard back yet, so I'll see what happens.
  8. #8  
    Looking back real quick at slickdeals I'm not sure there is a definite pattern, I see at least Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, with times ranging from 2:30PM to 6:30PM EST.
  9. #9  
    Here's a list i dug up:
    HP webOS App News: Issue 4 - Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    HP webOS App News: Issue 3 - Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    HP webOS App News: Issue 2 - Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    HP webOS App News: Issue 1 - Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    Been waiting since 4pm today for new codes to be released--checking my email, checking precentral, repeat. I thought I'd be right on top of it for once. Instead, zip, zilch, nada.
    XP1 likes this.
  10. sion's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #10  
    palm blog has codes as well. Generally on a Friday, there are some today for north American touchpad owners
  11. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #11  
    I only looked up the one from this week. It was Tuesday, October 11th at 2PM Central.
  12. #12  
    They just posted one to their blog an hour or two ago for Audobon Birds. Already grabbed one of the Canadian codes. Be forewarned though; the app is HUGE (need 1.2 GB free to download it) and takes a really long time to install.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  13. #13  
    The US codes were used up almost instantly.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dan Donovan
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    The US codes were used up almost instantly.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

    I was just about to say the same thing. I have never seen a promo code get used
    up so quickly. I have my PC's home page set to the Palm blog. The promo code
    for today was gone within 25 minutes. (unless HP only intended to give out a
    very small number of freebies?)

    On the other hand, I was shocked when the app required almost 1GB of space
    to install. This has got to be the top 10 webOS apps in terms of sheer size!
    What kind of mushrooms(pun intended ) were the developers smoking
    when they made it that big?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I was just about to say the same thing. I have never seen a promo code get used
    up so quickly. I have my PC's home page set to the Palm blog. The promo code
    for today was gone within 25 minutes. (unless HP only intended to give out a
    very small number of freebies?)

    On the other hand, I was shocked when the app required almost 1GB of space
    to install. This has got to be the top 10 webOS apps in terms of sheer size!
    What kind of mushrooms(pun intended ) were the developers smoking
    when they made it that big?
    After having waiting at least 30 minutes for it to install (at a couple points my TouchPad was totally unusable, even overclocked to 1.7 GHz), I have to say that there really is a lot of media in the Birds application. There are sound samples of pretty much every bird, several pictures per species, maps denoting where you can find them and migratory patterns... It's impressive. Clearly it's meant to have everything local so that you can use the application out in the field without requiring any kind of data connection.

    Whomever installs all of the Audubon applications is quite the nature die-hard. Birds + Trees + Wildflowers + Butterflies + Mushrooms = 2.74 GB!!
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  16. #16  
    US gone as always.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions