Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP just tweeted a webOS phone wide new Bing Maps app. Find it in the App Catalog for Free.

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/14/2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: reverted title per OP request
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I can't find it in the app catalog. I guess this is only for phones and not for the touchpad as we already have the app.
    Yeah, for phones.

And guess what? It's an Enyo app, as revealed by none other than the guy who gave webOS Enyo: Twitter
    Yeah, It's Enyo.
    Absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to my Pre 2
    ght likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Successfully installed on SPre 1.4.5 and FranknPre 2.1.0

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    be warned, though, that this will replace google maps app. I wish I had known that before I installed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    be warned, though, that this will replace google maps app. I wish I had known that before I installed them.
    "Be warned" I say Rejoice!
    retroblu likes this.
    Can anyone post a pro/con list between bing and google maps? Any reason I should prefer google over bing for mapping?
    chalx and garnetlove like this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Well, on the Sprint Pre at least, the Bing app is MUCH faster. Startup, scrolling, map loading... all faster. And it has traffic. I don't miss Google! Two years and no updates from them, happy to see them go.
    Oh sure, THEY can release Enyo apps for 1.4.5 devices, but tell us we can't? >:-(

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Google -Old and not supported
    Bing -New and supported
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It is a nice app, for sure, and as a side benefit, it deletes google maps! Yea!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    delacro likes this.
    Installed the update on my Pre 2. The interface looks like it will take getting used to, but it gives me transit info like the Google app used go, and it's accurate, so I don't miss Google.

I was worried about comments that it wouldn't work outside the U.S., but it works fine in Toronto, Canada.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Bing maps is absolutely useless. Never knew I would actually be rooting for keeping a Google app, but unfortunately Bing maps is absolutely useless. Their maps are god only knows how many years old. The area where I have lived for six years now, does not even exist on their maps.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    urig likes this.
    So far it works better than Google Maps. I personally like it better.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yes.. M'$oft has a looong and dubious history/habit of silently 'hijacking' the installations of 'others'!

There is probably an unreadable slice of 'smallprint' buried obscurely somewhere, that 'warns' you of this!

If it DOES work better.. Whoopee!

Mine didn't install correctly and I've given up trying to fix it. Now I have a broken maps app, but at least I have Sprint Navi.

On Sprint Pre2, webOS 2.1

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Like the update. Excited about the hidden Enyo "update". Still wish they had left Goggle maps on.

From experience, I know places wher Google is better than Bing or vice-versa. I would like to be able to choose which one I want to use on a case by case.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Seems to work fine on my Verizon 2.1 Pre Plus. Got a GPS fix incredibly fast compared to Google, and doesn't seem to be subject to Verizon's crippling.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast