Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grandmastem
  1.    #1  
    New app in HP catalog. 460MB.
    OOOO, Magic Mushrooms here I come!!
    kyleprettyman likes this.
    Actually, shrooms aside, this sums everything that's bad about the app catalogue, no cut the rope but we have a freakin mushroom info program, goes nicely with all the french recipe apps I suppose...lol
    The problem with the app catalog is that Audubon continues to support it?

Go grouse to Chillingo if you want "Cut the Rope", not the people actually adding applications to the catalog.
  5.    #5  
    You could buy a book, but $4.99 seems a decent price.
    Got some OK reviews on the ipad
    App Store - Audubon Mushrooms
    last updated 4/11. I wonder if this TP version has any added information, or just ports the existing ipad app.

I notice ipad reviews don't list the date of the reviews. Do you suppose that's on purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    The problem with the app catalog is that Audubon continues to support it?

Go grouse to Chillingo if you want "Cut the Rope", not the people actually adding applications to the catalog.
    actually jophiel, that's a fair comment and I have spent money on everything I think I might be able to use on the appstore, but just get a little frustrated when I see the quality and general usefulness of hp apps when it is capable of so much more...point taken though...
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Actually, shrooms aside, this sums everything that's bad about the app catalogue, no cut the rope but we have a freakin mushroom info program, goes nicely with all the french recipe apps I suppose...lol
    Careful not to offend the Mushroom Fans

More variety is a good thing. You are not required to purchase or own every app. LOL!

Honestly, however, if HP provided a promo code for this app in a future newsletter, would you say that you will refrain from using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Careful not to offend the Mushroom Fans

More variety is a good thing. You are not required to purchase or own every app. LOL!

Honestly, however, if HP provided a promo code for this app in a future newsletter, would you say that you will refrain from using it?
    Honestly?.......yes i would :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Honestly?.......yes i would :-)
    I wish more people would skip apps they don't want or will never use. Codes wouldn't disappear so fast

But I actually want the Mushroom quide. Sounds cool and Audubon makes some of the best apps available. Has nothing to do with French recipes...obviously. It's a field guide, and an extensive, well designed high quality one at that. I don't know of a larger group (app size not amount) of apps in the catalog

I actually see it the other way around. The lack of apps like these is what is wrong with all app catalogs in general. People would rather use it as a toy than a computer or tool. I enjoy gaming too, but without useful apps tablets are just silly pointless toys. As a gaming device, tablets in general, all of them, are complete crap. Cool and good time wasters but crap

I do wish they had a better ebook reader. Kindle app is complete crap and preader has some quirks and isn't compatible with enough. I got a cooked fbreader working but don't have enough time work on it or build off of it.