1.    #1  
    I can never get it to refresh my profile page and their is no refresh option other that constantly clicking my name. After that still doesn't show my most recent items. Everything shows up in the feed tho. With we had a better option

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetsandsilence View Post
    I can never get it to refresh my profile page and their is no refresh option other that constantly clicking my name. After that still doesn't show my most recent items. Everything shows up in the feed tho. With we had a better option

Well, the app has always worked well for me, and you do have another option - use the browser. It works very well also.
    The app works, but it is missing a bunch of features I've come to expect on desktop or otherwise interface wise like deleting messages, un-friending friends, FB App Blocking, and basic photo management options. Kinda funny, tried to un-friend someone in my list and tried to swipe left or right to get the usual delete option, but nothing. Amazing what you get used too.

Either way, I don't really use the Facebook app much, but that has nothing to do with the app and relates more to my lack of need for Facebook when remote. Facebook just isn't that important to me, but love having the app anyways when I do need it. Sorli...
    as a comparison, iPad only just today got their Facebook app!
  5.    #5  
    Id just be happy if we could have notifications for facebook messages.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Use the web browser. It is "interesting" but I can get messages and use chat.

Paul
    it also starts links to notifications for group activities in the browser.

If it says "xya has posted in your group abc", and I click on it, then it will start in the browser instead of going to that group within the app...

actually the refresh is on the very bottom...doesn't work the greatest...but the sweet spot of the TP facebook app is the expedition mode....its cool stuff

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Yeah that is what I miss the most. I mainly use the app for status updates and to quickly check my notifications. I use the browser for photos and individual likes and if I want to check my timeline, as in the app not everything is shown.

I like the facebook app quite a bit, but I hardly use it, because at least a third of my friends don't exist when I access facebook through the app. For this reason, I have to use the browser version. If this problem were to go away, I'd much prefer to use the app (both for phone and touchpad).
    The webOS Facebook app definitely needs an update to accommodate expanded Facebook functionality. If you haven't noticed, tap on the dropdown list (typically has News Feeds selected). Notice all the empty entries? Try it on a Touchpad. Not empty here, but it looks as if there are a bunch of unrecognized attribute/value pairs coming back to an AJAX request.
    Dan Donovan
    [QUOTE=sunsetsandsilence;3203015]Id just be happy if we could have notifications for facebook messages.
    you can have them sms you wth messages
    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [url=
    Notifications never link me to their proper page. I get sent to like a blank page and I have to go back to the app's notifications and click the same thing again to finally see the new comment or whatever
    I actually like the app. I have been having issues with it not refreshing and displaying double posts, though.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I too love the design of the app. Unfortunately, the fact that it shows maybe half of all the posts is a dealbreaker. I usually revert to the full site.
    Not the best fb app ever, but not the baddest either.

I love the interface, iPad facebook app surely have very same interface but add chat feature. Touchpad fb missed that I think this was done in purpose by fb. They afraid of Steve Jobs, right? So iPad's fb have some more juice compared to Touchpad.

Politics... Politics...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

To Be honest, I dont even use the facebook app, the mobile site is so much better that I just saved the bookmark to my launcher and use that.

Set up e-mail notification. I use the app notification on the TP, but on my phones I have always turned them off. I don't want FB wasting battery and data polling notifications when I have push e-mail setup already.

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    actually the refresh is on the very bottom...doesn't work the greatest...but the sweet spot of the TP facebook app is the expedition mode....its cool stuff

The TP FB app exhibition mode is a thing of beauty.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...