webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > slideshow presentation hd
slideshow presentation hd
Like Tree5Likes

Old 10/11/2011, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

new app just in the app catalog! Thanks to thricetwice!

Wanted to make a new thread here to give it more visibility. Its a photo portfolio app. You can create a slideshow and play it with music. Ive downloaded it and so far it seems nice, haven't tried the music feature yet but the photos move thru very nicely!
froggys is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: thricetwice
Old 10/11/2011, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can you add and delete photos with it? Exhibition?
gergev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergev View Post
I'm still figuring it out, that was my next question for thricetwice lol

eta: ok so i played the music along and it plays along nicely.

To answer your question, so far i have not seen a way to delete one picture at a time, just to clear the whole project and it doesnt seem to be able to save different projects, meaning that whatever i make now is what shows up everytime i open up the app. But so far i like it but will be putting my input in for future updates.
In the app request thread he said he had a few updates already for it. let's see what they bring.

Last edited by froggys; 10/11/2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10/11/2011, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergev View Post
You add the photos you want to it, and you and you delete ones that you added one by one, or all at once. It doesnt remove anything from your drive, just the database my program uses.

Exhibition will be in the next major update(probably 2 -4 weeks out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggys View Post
To answer your question, so far i have not seen a way to delete one picture at a time, just to clear the whole project and it doesnt seem to be able to save different projects, meaning that whatever i make now is what shows up everytime i open up the app.
In the edit view, you can swipe to delete an item individually.

In the version up now, there is only 1 show. So you set it, and it save it for next time. If you want a new one, you have to erase the one youve made.
Saving of different projects will be in the NEXT update, which should be ready this weekend, and in the catalog a week later.
I am just implementing the save feature tonight.

So, so far the next update is going to include:
save feature for multiple shows
Lots of new transitions
Better caption, with custom colors and styles (might be a bit limited at first)
Each picture can have a unique transition.
stretch picture mode

Any questions, post em, and i'll answer as soon as i see.
Also keep feature request coming, and report any bugs please.
thricetwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by froggys likes this.
Thanked by froggys, nicoxcx
Old 10/11/2011, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks I hadn't figured out the single delete. Would have helped if I read the tutorial lol. Thanks for responding. The three things I wanted to comment on so far you have addressed: the single delete, the saving of more shows(looking forward to that), and I just read in the tutorial how to get rid of the music panel while viewing the slideshow. Thanks, looks really good so far!
Old 10/11/2011, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Would like to see a free trial version. Not likely to pay (even .99) for an app I can't try.
nunjabusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just purchased it, I don't mind risking a buck on an app that will be actively supported. Looking forward to playing around with it and will review it after I have messed around a bit.

Thanks for the app, it is something I was hoping we would see for TP.
nicoxcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by LocoTreoGurl likes this.
Old 10/12/2011, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

bought the app last night. I like how its going so far, I think I noticed a bug though. When assigning index numbers to pictures two images can have the same number. It might be better down the line to just drag them into the order that you want them played.

also for the "home screen" maybe utilize more of the screen space and have less of that projector background (that's my opinion about UI design)
jake2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2600 View Post
bought the app last night. I like how its going so far, I think I noticed a bug though. When assigning index numbers to pictures two images can have the same number. It might be better down the line to just drag them into the order that you want them played.

also for the "home screen" maybe utilize more of the screen space and have less of that projector background (that's my opinion about UI design)
Yeah, i know about the index numbers. I left that out of the first version because i didn't want to be saving to the database to renumber the list every time you changed the index. It will be fixed (possibly the next update).
And drag and drop will happen eventually.
The home screen will be utilized more in the next couple updates. Each project will be able to have a "home" image, and that will display when that project is open.
Liked by jake2600 likes this.
Thanked By: jake2600
Old 10/12/2011, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggys View Post
new app just in the app catalog! Thanks to thricetwice!

Wanted to make a new thread here to give it more visibility. Its a photo portfolio app. You can create a slideshow and play it with music. Ive downloaded it and so far it seems nice, haven't tried the music feature yet but the photos move thru very nicely!
great app but really needs an option to orient all pictures the same direction. Also a bit laggy on the menu sometimes & it requires turning on/off the app to sometimes but all in all great debut and look forward to more updates soon :-)
Old 10/12/2011, 11:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
great app but really needs an option to orient all pictures the same direction. Also a bit laggy on the menu sometimes & it requires turning on/off the app to sometimes but all in all great debut and look forward to more updates soon :-)
what do you mean all the pictures the same direction? It loads them up how they are saved. Can you give me a screen shot of what your talking about?

I'm working on the lag. I really don't know what is causing it but I'm trying to streamline everything.
it'll have many updates, so keep the bug reports and feature request coming.
Old 10/13/2011, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
I think the orientation should be done on your computer????? The app will load them how you have them, i would hate to have the app thinks it knows the orientation and change mine around. All my pics are saved with the proper orientation on the computer already. But i see what you are saying (well technically i havent seen it but meant more of i know what you mean) lol
Old 10/14/2011, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Update progress:
The first update is almost complete. Should only take me a couple of days more.

Lots of new features are going to be added to more fully customize your show.
I'll update you all in the next couple days.

Here's a teaser screenshot:
Old 10/16/2011, 08:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Version 1.1 is almost ready. Heres the change log:

Ver. 1.1:

Finished:
Rewrote image view engine
Added lots of new transitions for pictures
Able to set custom settings, per picture of:
Transition Type
Custom Duration (5-60 seconds, 1-60 minutes)
Caption Color
Stretch Mode

Increased caption text limit from 276 to 700 characters
Global stretch mode

Index number is now unique
Added in ability to save separate projects
Preference page with:
global custom color text override
global transition override
options for default settings for added pictures
settings for: caption color, caption location, and transition.
everything can be randomized
First picture in a project is now the default picture. If no pictures have been added, it will use the default projector image.
Various UI enhancements

To Do:
Finish bug testing,

Get ready to submit!

I hope to have it ready to submit by tomorrow night.
Thanked By: nicoxcx
Old 10/17/2011, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have been looking forward to the ability to have multiple projects. Everything else was/is a bonus for me! can't wait to update hopefully won't be to long!
Old 10/17/2011, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've been looking for an app like this. Seeing the developers activity in this thread made it an easy choice to buy it. After trying it, I have no regret about purchasing. Keep up the good work.
el_tufo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 09:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

I submitted the update today.
Should be available this week i'd think.
Here's some screenshots.
Old 10/17/2011, 11:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

App works great!
TP should have this from day one
Landslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 07:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

The update has been published. Go ahead and update and let me know if you find anything not working right. I'm pretty sure i worked out any major issues.
Also let me know how the lag is, especially after updating to 3.0.4. Its running pretty smooth for me on mine.
Old 10/19/2011, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Had a quick play, working nice for me. Transitions are a nice bonus. I have a tiny bit of lag but it is pretty smooth. Haven't tried multiple projects yet, hopefully I can spend more time with it tonight and give more detailed information!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0