Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    what do you mean all the pictures the same direction? It loads them up how they are saved. ...
    ah fair enough then as usually I just load my pics straight into my pc for backup and don't orientate them ...would be nice if during presentation mode if the TP is in landscape position then all pics on the slideshow automatically are loaded up in the same landscape mode if possible
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    ah fair enough then as usually I just load my pics straight into my pc for backup and don't orientate them ...would be nice if during presentation mode if the TP is in landscape position then all pics on the slideshow automatically are loaded up in the same landscape mode if possible
    Pictures dont have a landscape mode. They are the size they are after you take them. If you want your pictures to take up the whole screen in landscape, they need to be wider then they are tall. they need to be 1024 x 768 to fit in perfectly with no resizing. I could put in an option for each picture and you can decide how to rotate it...

    i'm going to be releasing a small update probably tonight thatll have some bug fixes, and i also added in you can change the font size globally. Also adding in a few more transitions.
    Should be in the catalog by monday-ish id assume.
    If you guys noticed anything else not quite right, post here and ill make sure it gets fixed before i submit.
  3. #23  
    I like this app. Lots of options.
    Is there a way to 'select all' when choosing photos for a project?
    It would be great if an entire folder could be selected and Slideshow Presentation could dynamically update as photos are added or deleted.
    Is there a way to set photo as wallpaper? Or can this be added in an update?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I like this app. Lots of options.
    Is there a way to 'select all' when choosing photos for a project?
    It would be great if an entire folder could be selected and Slideshow Presentation could dynamically update as photos are added or deleted.
    Is there a way to set photo as wallpaper? Or can this be added in an update?
    There is not a way yet. That is the next feature i am putting in. It should be done in a couple weeks. No way right now for my program to set as wallpaper. I could add it, how would you like it to work? when a pic is up, you can tap on it and select set as wallpaper?
    And folder monitoring will come as well, but probably not at first.

    I just submitted 1.1.1
    Change log:
    added global font size
    added visual "working" dialog
    added 4 new transitions
    bug fixes
    added a quick hide button on the music panel
  5. #25  
    So version 1.2 is going to be right around the corner from 1.1.1 (which hasn't released yet).

    1.2 changelog:

    Bulk file adding. You can add by folder now!
    Drag and drop reordering of list.



    I got both things working for pictures, and audio will be done tomorrow.
  6. #26  
    So 1.1.1 released to the app catalog today.

    I am getting close to being done with 1.2
    Bulk file adding is in for both music and pics.
    I also am in the process of adding a very cool new feature that will make your photo presentations spectacular.
    I'll let you know what it is when i release it.
    I should be done by friday.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    There is not a way yet. That is the next feature i am putting in. It should be done in a couple weeks. No way right now for my program to set as wallpaper. I could add it, how would you like it to work? when a pic is up, you can tap on it and select set as wallpaper?
    And folder monitoring will come as well, but probably not at first.

    I just submitted 1.1.1
    Change log:
    added global font size
    added visual "working" dialog
    added 4 new transitions
    bug fixes
    added a quick hide button on the music panel
    Tap to set it would be great. If there could be an option to either present 'as is' or 'stretch' to fill out the TP screen, that would be nice.

    Can we add folders from the TP that Slideshow Presentation "Select Files" from?
    How does it choose folders with photos? Does it just search in a particular directory for photos when installed?

    Can we select feeds to present photos, or can that be an enhancement?
    Thanks.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Tap to set it would be great. If there could be an option to either present 'as is' or 'stretch' to fill out the TP screen, that would be nice.

    Can we add folders from the TP that Slideshow Presentation "Select Files" from?
    How does it choose folders with photos? Does it just search in a particular directory for photos when installed?

    Can we select feeds to present photos, or can that be an enhancement?
    Thanks.
    I'll look into the setting of the wallpaper, not sure how soon i'll put it in though.

    The file picker chooses whatever pictures are on your device. Anything that shows up in the photos & videos app will show up. If you have pictures that aren't showing up, it could be an indexing error on your touchpad. If you want a new folder, simply put it in USB mode, and create a folder in it. It should show up in my program if your indexer is working properly.

    No feeds right now. I'm not sure if ill be putting that feature in.
    Maybe, but it would be low on the list.

    I should have 1.2 done this weekend. Lots of enhancements to come!
  9. #29  
    Just wondering because I don't think it searches hidden folders. In my /media/internal/SlideRSS folder there is a hidden ".pics" folder which contains photos downloaded with the SlideRSS feed. I don't think there is a way to view Picasa with SlideRSS other than the 'feeds' function.

    Actually I'd rather have the option to leave the photos on Picasa and just view the ones in our account the way "Picasa Viewer" application works. That application currently crashes and locks the TP however. Picasa Viewer also has an option to view/slideshow Picasa's Featured Photos.

    It would be great if Slideshow Presentation could log into a Picasa account so we could select certain folders, including private folders, and have them display as slideshow. An option to stretch-to-fill screen for photos in specific folders would be nice as well.

    Thanks for working to update your app and considering requests.
  10. #30  
    @ thricetwice

    get a "Loading Paths.." screen permanently now & can't do anything at all since the latest update...any idea as the app was working great before??
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    @ thricetwice

    get a "Loading Paths.." screen permanently now & can't do anything at all since the latest update...any idea as the app was working great before??
    hmmm. My guess is the database is corrupted. What version did you have before the latest update?
    First i would try a device reboot (not a luna), sometimes that fixes database issues.
    If that doesn't work, you can try deleting and then reinstalling it. Sorry it will erase any data you had saved doing that.

    I could send you an older version through email and you can install that over it, then try to update again as well.

    let me know what works or if you want to try the older version method.
    But it looks like its not able to get access to the database.


    I got 1.2 pretty much done, and it fixes that problem so it wont get stuck like that again.

    Sorry about this!
    Last edited by thricetwice; 10/29/2011 at 09:09 PM.
  12. #32  
    @ thristwice

    no problem as a power down & reboot solved the problem and luckily my slide show was all there :-)

    I was organizing some photos earlier in the day and deleted many pics so perhaps the database was searching for a recently deleted pic which was missing in the slideshow?

    anyhow thanks for your very useful app and great support
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    Pictures dont have a landscape mode. They are the size they are after you take them. If you want your pictures to take up the whole screen in landscape, they need to be wider then they are tall. they need to be 1024 x 768 to fit in perfectly with no resizing. I could put in an option for each picture and you can decide how to rotate it...
    this rotation option would be great!
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Just wondering because I don't think it searches hidden folders. In my /media/internal/SlideRSS folder there is a hidden ".pics" folder which contains photos downloaded with the SlideRSS feed. I don't think there is a way to view Picasa with SlideRSS other than the 'feeds' function.
    It does ignore hidden files. Copy them to a non-hidden folder to access them from my program.



    1.2 is done and was submitted yesterday, so it should be up by the end of the week.

    1.2 change log:
    Add photos and music by folder
    Added per-picture font sizing
    Added in Cinematic mode. It takes your pictures an pans across them, making them look spectacular. Currently can pan horizontally, vertically, and diagonally top left to bottom right. You can switch which way it pans as well.
    Added per-picture cinematic mode settings
    Added drag and drop re-ordering to the edit music and pictures pages
    Updated UI for dialogs
    Added more transitions (now there is 25 of them)
    Added picture add options of font size and cinematic mode. You can have them set to just 1 or random. With font size you can specify a range.
    Lots of behind the scene work to make for a smooth experience. The transitions are pretty smooth now.



    I should be able to get a rotation option added in for the next update, but it will be towards the bottom of the list.
    Next version will have:
    exhibition settings
    more cinematic options (zoom in, out, plus panning and zooming)
    Each project will have its own global settings, as in all settings in preferences and on the left side slider will be project specific.



    Let me know if there are any problems with the new update after you guys get it. I could release a small bug fix update if there's anything majorly wrong.
  15. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #35  
    i just bought the app.
    how to add a whole folder?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i just bought the app.
    how to add a whole folder?
    Make sure you've updated to 1.2.1 (just released this morning).
    In the menu in the top left corner, there is an option called "Add by Folder".
    Click that and that will bring you to the bulk add section.

    The help file has been updated as well. http://chrishptouchpadapps.tumblr.co...overview-1-2-1

    So let me know if you guys notice any bugs.
  17. wla2000's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #37  
    Got your app yesterday and so far am very pleased with it. Definitely fills a void in the Touchpad.

    I would like to put my request in for a robust rotation option, even though you said rotation is low on your list. But what I'd like is this: rather than being able to rotate each picture (or maybe in addition to individual picture rotation), I'd like an option for the app to detect the appropriate rotation and apply it. When I turn the camera sideways to take a picture in "portrait" mode, the resulting .jpg carries a flag indicating its rotation. Accordingly smart picture software can rotate the picture automatically by querying that flag. As a result, I almost never have to rotate my pictures after I download them from my camera to my computer.

    However, the vertically oriented pictures all appear sideways in my Slideshow presentations, which is somewhat annoying.

    Here is another option you can consider adding. It is an option in the Random Picture Screensaver (from abscreensavers.com) for Windows PCs: you can display the full path to the picture in a text caption. I like that option, because it shows the folder name where the picture is stored. I don't spend the time to caption each picture, but the folder name is pretty indicative of the content, and can help me remember what and where the picture is, and also help me find the picture by giving me the path.

    Thanks for a thoughtful app.
  18. #38  
    Hello does it allow to select a folder where to show the pics? Eg a mounted nas folder... Will it allow to sub select subfolders to inckude or not and show randomly? Tx
    Last edited by migu_be; 11/13/2011 at 01:01 AM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Got your app yesterday and so far am very pleased with it. Definitely fills a void in the Touchpad.

    I would like to put my request in for a robust rotation option, even though you said rotation is low on your list. But what I'd like is this: rather than being able to rotate each picture (or maybe in addition to individual picture rotation), I'd like an option for the app to detect the appropriate rotation and apply it. When I turn the camera sideways to take a picture in "portrait" mode, the resulting .jpg carries a flag indicating its rotation. Accordingly smart picture software can rotate the picture automatically by querying that flag. As a result, I almost never have to rotate my pictures after I download them from my camera to my computer.

    However, the vertically oriented pictures all appear sideways in my Slideshow presentations, which is somewhat annoying.

    Here is another option you can consider adding. It is an option in the Random Picture Screensaver (from abscreensavers.com) for Windows PCs: you can display the full path to the picture in a text caption. I like that option, because it shows the folder name where the picture is stored. I don't spend the time to caption each picture, but the folder name is pretty indicative of the content, and can help me remember what and where the picture is, and also help me find the picture by giving me the path.

    Thanks for a thoughtful app.
    I will look into the flag on the jpegs. There will be a rotation option per picture before that though, and it will be in the next update.
    Also i will put in the next update to display the path, the file name, or both together.
    Also going to be included is a way to sort by file name.


    Hello does it allow to select a folder where to show the pics? Eg a miunted nas folder... Will it allow to sub select subfolders to inckude or not and show randomly? Tx
    You choose which folders or pictures you want to have in a show. You can have multiple projects.


    The next update should be out before Christmas, and will have lots of features added!
  20. #40  
    Hello, will you also be able to display exif/... Info stored in the jpg like the file description? Tx
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions