1.    #1  
    Me love you long time. The TP needs games, forget "apps", I want games.

I recently picked up that Portal of Praveus (aka Hexen) for a buck and my gods do the controls suck or what. I assume once the developer fixes the sensitivity, the game will be playable/enjoyable. While playing that game, I became really nostalgic for Rise of the Triad. I thought I read something about a reboot back in '09 but I guess nothing came of it. How about a port for the Touchpad? I would if I knew how.
    +1
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    ROTT wasnt exactly awesome back then, going dual pistol was about the only unique thing tbh and hasnt really had any public engine facelifts like doom2 and quake have had.
    What?? Did you forget dog mode? And the first FPS to have enemy seeking rockets?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ROTT wasnt exactly awesome back then, going dual pistol was about the only unique thing tbh and hasnt really had any public engine facelifts like doom2 and quake have had.
    Well, the couple of FPS that are in the app catalog have terrible graphics, and I'd rather be playing ROTT than Alien Arena...of course, I say this now, wait 'til I actually play ROTT again lol. I may be romanticizing the past!
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eberon View Post
    What?? Did you forget dog mode? And the first FPS to have enemy seeking rockets?
    I never even got to play Dog Mode because my mom bought me some stupid shareware version!
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I may be romanticizing the past!
    This is very likely but to each his own.

Every other year I re-install Duke Nukem 3d hoping I would relive the blast I had the first time I played the game as a kid (yea I was slipping bills into ladies thongs in DN3D as a kid, we're like that in France) and it never works lol

I cannot even imagine what it would be with touch controls...

The problem is that even with modern games I have a hard time having the same kind of fun but this is another topic itself!
    Boy, I could think of some other good ones too...

Anyone remember MechWarrior 2? That actually IS one of those games that I've reinstalled and still had just as much fun with as i did originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Well, the couple of FPS that are in the app catalog have terrible graphics, and I'd rather be playing ROTT than Alien Arena...of course, I say this now, wait 'til I actually play ROTT again lol. I may be romanticizing the past!
    i know exactly which apps u mean as well, and their terrible because their basically the doom/hexen and quake engine with custom wads, just with seemingly near original 640x480 type blocky garbage gfx and 2 of them have terrible controls.

But still, ROTT wasnt any better looking than any of those.
    Only thing I remember about ROTT was that the gibs were pretty amazing for the time. Eyeballs flying everywhere and stuff.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: