Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    Had my $99 TP for a week now and have to say its better than I ever thought. Already the laptop is closed up and put away. I'm sure there is sometime I will decide i need to lug it to a conference or something but more than 90% of what I used the laptop for, I'm dong with the Touchpad, especially with Splashtop.

So, I have been buying and downloading every app that I think I might ever want. Even if I am not sure I want/need it right now, I am grabbing it -even bought a few 99 cent'ers wasnt sure i would ever use just for the heck of it -- and urge others to do the same for several reasons:

1. Your sending a buck or so to people that have supported webOS, hey thats a good reason by itself.

2. By having lots of people buy lots of apps, might encourage more apps and more developers

3. If HP can show great app sales, it makes a webOS purchase a lot more attractive to a buyer or (longshot) make HP change their minds about the whole thing.

4. Lastly, and this is the negative one, IF nobody takes over webOS soon, there is a strong chance that things will slowly start to die out on us. As great as the device is, when there is no possibilty of more, its going to be harder and harder to get people to support it. Eventually somebody at HP will look to the expense of maintaining webOS and the APP syetem. Depsite what they have promised, HP could pull the plug on the app cataloge at any time. [What!?!?! HP break a promise to webOS users? NEVER!!!].

So everybody, lets get them while you can. Its for a good cause and covers your backside as well!!

GET IN THERE AND BUY, BUY, BUY (oh yeah, and send some $$ love Internals way as well)
    I couldn't agree more, I've been making a point of buying apps since Black Thursday.
    +1
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Well said...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    True
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Man, I purchased more apps than I will ever use haha
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Where can I get free apps?
    I agree
    couldn't disagree more. had high hopes for webOS but I haven't used my TP and won't until i can port android on it. use iOS and then try webOs.
    I've spent 45 bucks the past month and have another 32.50 bookmarked.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I've bought about $105 worth of apps recently and another $42 worth of apps with that $50 credit thing. Most of them I used once or twice and that's about it (probably typical). the novelty has kind of worn off. But I still buy whatever apps/games I see that I think may be decent.

can't really think of an app I would want.. I would like to have a very simple RTS combat game, that would get my attention for a while. I came across such a game on my Sharp Zaurus after dusting it off (recently gave my zaurus' to a friend)
    MobileTechReview.com Game Review: Strategic Assault for Pocket PC and Zaurus Linux

it was fun.
    + 1 ! Don't forget to buy preware- docs for a buck to say thanks for all the great work
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
    Yes.. great stuff. Certainly there must have been some more action in the WebOS coffer$ since HP firesale time too!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saccento View Post
    couldn't disagree more. had high hopes for webOS but I haven't used my TP and won't until i can port android on it. use iOS and then try webOs.
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I had low hopes for webos, wanted a touchpad purely for a possible android port, and as a cheap ebook reader. Since getting it, my ipads havn't been touched and both my ipod touches are only used as alarm clocks.
    I definitely prefer WebOs, over ios.

Anyways, to be more on topic, at this point I'm just buying any app I *might* want in the future, because you never know if it will still be available in a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by saccento View Post
    use iOS and then try webOs.
    Android is no iOS either and actually lacks compared to webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_42 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I had low hopes for webos, wanted a touchpad purely for a possible android port, and as a cheap ebook reader. Since getting it, my ipads havn't been touched and both my ipod touches are only used as alarm clocks.
    I definitely prefer WebOs, over ios.

Anyways, to be more on topic, at this point I'm just buying any app I *might* want in the future, because you never know if it will still be available in a couple months.
    What's "funny" (not really) is to read a thread like this one - and then the 1 that had like $53 worth of free apps - and was only using 1 app.

Come On People - buy something - especially if you want to have any hope of developers keeping the WebOS pipeline alive. If the pipeline dies - be happy with what you have.
    Well said.

I don't see anything I can buy right now, but Graphite can hit the catalog one of these days and I will buy it for sure!
    Guys come on. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just buy any app that's around to keep webOS alive? First of all, that isn't going to help one way or the other. Secondly, why would I buy apps for something that will most likely be able to run android in a few weeks?

Seriously, don't listen to these people. Buying apps just to buy them is a huge waste of money.

And for the record, my touchpad runs like garbage compared to my original ipad. The thing has no apps, it's laggy even with overlooking and patches, and I hardly can find a use for it. Can't believe after so much work trying to find one, I kinda want to sell it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eheart144 View Post
    Where can I get free apps?
    Click the "Free" column in the Software App catalog.
    Also, Just Type "for Touchpad" for Touchpad apps, and click "Free" for free Touchpad apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Guys come on. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just buy any app that's around to keep webOS alive? First of all, that isn't going to help one way or the other. Secondly, why would I buy apps for something that will most likely be able to run android in a few weeks?

Seriously, don't listen to these people. Buying apps just to buy them is a huge waste of money.

And for the record, my touchpad runs like garbage compared to my original ipad. The thing has no apps, it's laggy even with overlooking and patches, and I hardly can find a use for it. Can't believe after so much work trying to find one, I kinda want to sell it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

If you hate it so much, get it to someone who would appreciate it. Perhaps a developer.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    SuperMeso likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast