1.    #1  
    hi
    i want to buy the palm pre 3 in the uk.
    but today i live in austria. can i do activation(in austria )with my uk sim card and then i can use the Apps store in the palm pre 3 to buy Apps ?
    or do i have to do activation in the uk with my uk sim card ?
    thanks
    waiting for your advice

daniel
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Hi Daniel,

this article should answer all your questions: Palm Support : Using App Catalog in specific regions

For smartphones it says:
    The country is based on the location of the wireless service provider network you used to create your smartphone’s first HP webOS Account (formerly called Palm profile). For example, if your wireless service provider is in the Germany, but you were in France when you created the phone’s first HP webOS Account, your phone is associated with France, not Germany.

Oddly the german page states the opposite: Verwendung des Anwendungskatalogs in bestimmten Regionen

If you already own a Palm account then the settings of this account will be used.

HTH,
    Gerald
    Quote Originally Posted by danieldr View Post
    hi
    i want to buy the palm pre 3 in the uk.
    but today i live in austria. can i do activation(in austria )with my uk sim card and then i can use the Apps store in the palm pre 3 to buy Apps ?
    or do i have to do activation in the uk with my uk sim card ?
    thanks
    waiting for your advice

daniel
    You can try to activate it with impostah. Follow this guide: forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/281075-global-paid-app-catalog-access-new-unlocked-gsm-pre-2-pre-3-veer-using-impostah.html