Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Do you know how to move app icons from tab to tab? You can move them where ever you want. Just hold your finger down for a second and they'll start to float. Now just drag them around to different launcher tabs at will. When done "tap" done in the upper right.

My favorite shortcut is this:

1. Choose the "cnnmoney.png" icon for you icon file.
    2. Enter "money.cnn.com/tablet/?iid=Tablet_HPAccess" in the URL entry box
    3. Enter "CNN Money" for the Shortcut Name.
    4. Push the button and go!

That has to be one of the nicest websites designed for TouchPad there is. And now with this app it is like having it has your home page for that icon.

Cool huh?

Let me now if you have any questions,
    Twack
    Oh yeah, I should have been more descriptive. I know how to move them, but when I read the OP, I thought it meant it pins things to the top of the launcher, visible from all launcher pages. This is still pretty handy and would be useful on the webOS phones as well. I have a Paypal link that looks nice. I like this more than the built-in feature for saving bookmarks to the Launcher.
    Last edited by friskies64; 10/10/2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Adding details
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I have enough people testing for now. Thank you to all that signed up. If there is major updates required, I'll come back to the list here and pick up where I left off for the next round. Again, I appreciate your help.

For those of you testing, please respond to me directly using the email I sent your the install files from. Here are a few things I'd like feedback on.

1. Did it install correctly?
    2. Is the user interface intuitive?
    3. Did you make any mistakes when you first started to use it? What were they?
    4. Does it do what you think it should do?
    5. Did you let anyone else use it in your household? Kids, Wife, Husband, Dog? (no cats).
    6. How many times did you run the app?
    7. How often do you think you would use it a week or month?
    8. What would you change in how it is as far as the visual look and feel?
    9. What would you change in how the app operates?

Thanks in advance,
    Twack
    Last edited by twack; 10/10/2011 at 01:02 AM.
    I'd love to test it for ya if you still need peeps.
    If you still need testers, I'm willing, and will send you feedback. Sounds like an app I'd really like.
    I'll try it out.
    Include me next time - Thanks!!!
    I'd like to try it!
    I'll test it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    I'd like to try it out!

BLiip
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Please be sure to let us know when you've released it - I have the SDK and was going to make my own wrappers for a websites (based on a previous thread) but would much rather pay for an app like this, too busy with school and work right now!

Thanks Clarice
    Very awesome application. I've added a screenshot of two example shortcuts I've made with it so far. Both of the icon images were just found around the web (scaled to 64x64).

(On a side note, also changed the Music Remix icon via a different method - Not with this application)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Link2999; 10/11/2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Very awesome application. I've added a screenshot of two example shortcuts I've made with it so far. Both of the icon images were just found around the web (scaled to 64x64).
    Link2999,

I just sent you a promocode good starting tomorrow for 30 days. It's only good for 1 install so don't give it away and then try to install yourself. You will be :-(

Here's a link to the announcement:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3214184
    Last edited by twack; 10/19/2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Great app! Thanks! Going to send you some icons I've used to include in your app.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I just wanted to mention that it isn't necessary to use 64X64 images. I tried a full-size TouchPad wallpaper for my icon, and it looks great Unless there's something I don't know that would cause an issue, other than bigger pictures take up more space.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I just wanted to mention that it isn't necessary to use 64X64 images. I tried a full-size TouchPad wallpaper for my icon, and it looks great Unless there's something I don't know that would cause an issue, other than bigger pictures take up more space.
    I just have to take the shot..... Here goes:

In the Shortcut Launcher App, size does not matter.

LOL,
    Twack
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Link2999,

I just sent you a promocode good starting tomorrow for 30 days. It's only good for 1 install so don't give it away and then try to install yourself. You will be :-(

Here's a link to the announcement:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3214184
    Ya I just used it. Don't worry, I would never try to give away more than I earned
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Good to know, I never tried anything other than 64x64. I'm not sure if it specifies it anywhere, but I found that PNG files allowed for transparent backgrounds, which look great.

Most icons can be found on Google images by searching for the name of the website and including the words icon png in the search. You can select an exact size of 64x64 and then select "See full size image" at the top, and press on the icon to save it so Shortcut Launcher can use it. If you can use a file manager, I'd recommend you create a directory and move your icons to that so they don't fill up your Miscellaneous album (see warning below). Really, Shortcut Launcher should do that icon search, I think.

Warning: If you're going to move your icons, do that before you run Shortcut Launcher, or your icons will all disappear on the next reboot. I've attached images of what my Favorites looked like before and after reboot. Now I have to re-do all the shortcuts (it's frustrating that we can't edit existing shortcuts).

Edit: one final suggestion: a button that will just put http:// in the URL field. It is no less than 10 taps to put those in on the TouchPad!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bdbr; 10/20/2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I want shiny new program without paying for it!

I mean, I'd be willing to help test as well. >_>
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Warning: If you're going to move your icons, do that before you run Shortcut Launcher, or your icons will all disappear on the next reboot. I've attached images of what my Favorites looked like before and after reboot. Now I have to re-do all the shortcuts (it's frustrating that we can't edit existing shortcuts).

Edit: one final suggestion: a button that will just put http:// in the URL field. It is no less than 10 taps to put those in on the TouchPad!
    1. Yes, if you move the icon's location the program will not be able to locate them on reboot, hence the moon icon. We'll look into copying them into safer location for the next release.

2. You do not need to type the http://. Just the vanilla "www.name.com" will do

Thanks for feedback,
    Twack
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Ya I just used it. Don't worry, I would never try to give away more than I earned
    LOL, What I meant if you gave someone the promo code and they used it first, you would get the famous "Promo Code Expired" error. This is because these codes are only good for one install.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12