Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By shanpalm61
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I found an uncredible bug in the standard email app.
    I cannot send an email to an email adress which is not in my adress book. The recipient automatically changes to one which is in adress book with the same domain .

Could someone check this bug with an adress , which has the same domain from an existing adress?

Example;
    Recipient: peter@gmail.com
    Adress book available: jim.bond@gmail.com
    Mail goes always to jim.bond@gmail.com
    You have no chance to correct this
    After you type the full address, hit backspace and it a should undo the auto correct.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    After you type the full address, hit backspace and it a should undo the auto correct.
    Good proposal, but this does not work! You tried his?
    It's not a problem of the autocorrection. You will have the same problem, if you switch it off.
    When it says no search results just tap somewhere else like the header bar. It will let you continue. I used your peter & 007 example.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    When it says no search results just tap somewhere else like the header bar. It will let you continue. I used your peter & 007 example.
    You really clicked on "Send" after that and it really send it to the right recipient?

I already tried your proposal and in the recipient line you see the right email adress, but after cklicking on "Send" it sends to the wrong one.
    Dodgy.. is this an HP method of gathering all your email adresses.. by forcing them inactive unless/until registered in your Synched 'Contacts'?
    'Synching'.. yeah.. but with whom or what, I sometimes wonder?

While we are at it.. is there anyway to 'export' bulk address book files to 'Contacts' in the TP? WAB, CSV etc.?
    I am not looking forward to to typing each individually (even if only once initially) anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    You really clicked on "Send" after that and it really send it to the right recipient?

I already tried your proposal and in the recipient line you see the right email adress, but after cklicking on "Send" it sends to the wrong one.
    Yes, not to peter@gmail.com. I have a friend on gmail that is not in any of my contact records, but have a large number of contacts with @gmail.com domains.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    tap "enter" key after typing the address. It shouldn't correct, but if it does, tap the backspace key first.

and remember, use "just type" to start typing the person's name if they are in your contact list.

if not, just type to start the message and tap the email quick action to have it dropped in to an email message.

magical.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    tap "enter" key after typing the address. It shouldn't correct, but if it does, tap the backspace key first.

and remember, use "just type" to start typing the person's name if they are in your contact list.

if not, just type to start the message and tap the email quick action to have it dropped in to an email message.

magical.
    you should submit that as a tip. I never think about just type... Need to retrain my brain..
    I always do on my pre but can't seem to remember on my tp.
    Thanks!
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

If I do this, it removes completely the recepient address. Again, it has nothing to do with the autocorrect function. Backspace does not help.

The crazy thing is, I can get the right adress in, but after clicking on "send", the email goes to the wrong adress. That's reproducable!

OK: Here is the instruction, how to reproduce this bug:

1.) Create a new contact:
    Name: Test1
    Email: test1@touchpad.com

2.)Try to write an email
    Recipient: test@touchpad.com

Have fun! ;-)
    Last edited by demichve; 10/09/2011 at 11:51 PM.