Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Anyone able to recommend a good password keeper app? I have always used Splash ID but from what I'm reading it doesn't look good. I'd like something with a desktop companion app.
    Thanks.
    Try secustore. It can import export passwords with a standard secure way so most any other desktop application should work with it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    There's SecuStore, but the desktop component doesn't work & it's been promised for months. KeePassW works, but it is a viewer only & you need to manually copy & import the database. Supposedly there's a patch that will let jVault run full screen & it has a decent desktop app. If you don't mind an app in the smaller emulator window, Secret! is pretty good & syncs to the desktop over WiFi. It is a free form database that also runs on just about every other platform. There's Crypto Lists that syncs to their webpage & requires an annual fee.

Really, the password manager category on the TouchPad is one of the weaker areas IMO.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I like LastPass, but there's an annual fee.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Great question, OP! I'd like ability to import/export (better yet, synch) with desktop (wireless or wired) and free/donation would be nice, too!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Great question, OP! I'd like ability to import/export (better yet, synch) with desktop (wireless or wired) and free/donation would be nice, too!
    KeePassW is free (search for thread for latest version) and of course KeePass is free on the desktop. Only issue is KeePassW currently is import, not sync.
    jVault works great. Has wifi sync. Only issue I have with it, is that it does not do an intelligent sync. It only copies the file which every way you have it configured. Before webOS I used Passwords Plus and it had intelligent sync and updated changes and new records in both directions.

i don't know how the other applications handle their "sync".
    SplashID doesn't sync, Secustore on phones does smart sync (no sync on TouchPad), KeePassW doesn't sync, Secret! does a semi-smart sync (syncs both ways & if a record was modified on both, it will have a copy of both modifications on both devices).