Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Whatever happened to the other office program (can't remember its name) which was supposed to be here "in 45 days" about 2 months ago?

ALan
    Quickoffice Is here. Docs2go was purchased by RIM
    you were thinkin of picsel... Web page says coming soon
    They have put up a web page indicating their intention. Wisely, on the web site, they did not clarify when the 45 days started. We have a thread here somewhere that documents when it was first said. On 8/29 we learned that Picsel indicated their target was to have their software ready in 45 day.

Today is about 40 days. I'd give them until the end of this week to deliver as promised. The best thing to do, if it isn't released this week, is wait patiently for an update . I expect we will have the application or receive and updated delivery estimate within a couple weeks.
    It really would be nice to have a viable office program. Quick Office is a joke, sadly.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    It really would be nice to have a viable office program. Quick Office is a joke, sadly.
    When in need I sign in remotely to my laptop and use Word. I just wish Splashtop would respond to the arrow keys because it gets to be a pain to tap around in the document trying to get specifically between characters.
    I don't really count splashtop or google docs or other "cloud"/online only options to be office programs. That's just me of course. I don't trust "cloud" based stuff because I've seen my internet drop many times or just have internet, for some reason, be "unavailable". It's local or nothing for writing or drawing content.