Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flak1969
  1.    #1  
    Beware of this vendor. They sell apps that they do not test and will not support for the Touchpad. I bought Glyder 2 from them and had problems with it crashing in particular spot in the game everytime. I wrote an email asking for support and got the following response.
    We haven't tested Glyder 2 on an HP Touchpad running WebOS so we don't know if the game will work on the device. The game was designed to work on Android system
    I find it unbelievable that they will SELL a product that they do not test. I wrote back telling them this and got the following response.
    You want to Contact HP Marketplace for refund.
    If someone wants to do a free product that they don't test, that is fine. When you pay for a product, you have an expectation that it will work and has been tested.
    Brian
    Would you rather have them not releasing games for the platform at all?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    If I knew it was unsupported and untested, I would not have bought it. They should be upfront about their support, or lack thereof.
    Brian
    I'm pretty sure it's because they underestimated the RAM the game needs. You can raise the number slightly in the appinfo.json and fix the problem.

...Speaking as someone who got 100% of everything in Glyder 2 HD.
    Are they selling it as a Touchpad specific release in the catalogue? (I don't have access to check right now).
    Yes, they are. Honestly, it's more likely a clueless support person.
    I've had these type of problems on my TP and recently rebuilt using webOS Doctor for 3.0.2. Since then my problems have gone away. May be the same problem and may not be related at all, but it is worth a shot if you have time to rebuild and start over.

Either way, Glu Mobile Rocks and I'm very happy with their offerings. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    Beware of this vendor. They sell apps that they do not test and will not support for the Touchpad. I bought Glyder 2 from them and had problems with it crashing in particular spot in the game everytime. I wrote an email asking for support and got the following response.

I find it unbelievable that they will SELL a product that they do not test. I wrote back telling them this and got the following response.

If someone wants to do a free product that they don't test, that is fine. When you pay for a product, you have an expectation that it will work and has been tested.
    Glu Mobile apps run fine and I appreciate them for releasing some games for the touchpad.
    NuttyBunny likes this.
    I have Glyder2 installed on tp16 and it works fine. Have installed on 4g tp32 and it does not run. On start up it just gives vertical colored lines which change direction. Start up music plays but app never runs. This was installed from saved ipk file and from the HP catalogue. Neither works. Any suggestions?