1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'd like to make a request for an app. I'm an architect and I use a 3D modeling software package from Graphisoft called ArchiCAD. It is known as a BIM (Building Information Modeling) program, in that we design and construct the building in full detail in 3D, and then pull our construction documents from the 3D model.

Graphisoft has created an iOS app that runs on iPhone4 and iPads. Its called BIMx and it allows you to view a specially created version of the full building model.

I'd like to see if there is any interest in porting this app to WebOS. I have spoken with Graphisoft and they have responded that if I find someone interested in doing this, they would be able to offer technical assistance to make this port work.

Currently, the iOS app is free. I have a copy of it, but do not have an iOS device to run it on. Graphisoft subsidizes the cost of the app from full commercial ArchiCAD license holders such as myself.

Take a look at the desktop version and some of the sample models here:
    https://www.gsbimx.com/

Let me know if there's any interest in digging into this.

Thanks!
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS View Post

I'd like to see if there is any interest in porting this app to WebOS. I have spoken with Graphisoft and they have responded that if I find someone interested in doing this, they would be able to offer technical assistance to make this port work.

thats nice of them to offer. a lot of companies are quite the opposite.