1.    #1  
    I have multiple users on the desktop PC. When I am signed into any one of them, I am able to connect either from home network or outside 3G network (port forwarding, internet discovery, etc.) However, when I am not signed into any of the users, I can't connect either from home or outside network. It seems that the streamer is not working when the none of the users are logged into the account. This is a bummer. I don't want to keep signed into my account for whatever reasons. Anyone seen this issue?

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I have multiple users on the desktop PC. When I am signed into any one of them, I am able to connect either from home network or outside 3G network (port forwarding, internet discovery, etc.) However, when I am not signed into any of the users, I can't connect either from home or outside network. It seems that the streamer is not working when the none of the users are logged into the account. This is a bummer. I don't want to keep signed into my account for whatever reasons. Anyone seen this issue?

Thanks.
    Has anyone experienced this? I am sure I am not the only one that has multiple profile/usernames on a PC. :-) It used to work before. I updated windows recently. Seems it might have changed the remote access.
    its because windows and its services/startup programs don't get run till after you login, there is/was a program/tweaker I had once that loaded the desktop in the background when the user login appeared instead of waiting.

can't remember which program did it offhand, worth a google later if no1s cracked it by then.

EDIT: Quick google found this, http://lifehacker.com/5645098/make-w...ore-you-log-in
    and
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ock-windows-7/

dont work on all winblows, still theres other tweaks out there that do the same.

with desktop running the streamer will get loaded as well, if they dotn work theres plenty more on google.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 10/06/2011 at 12:40 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    its because windows and its services/startup programs don't get run till after you login, there is/was a program/tweaker I had once that loaded the desktop in the background when the user login appeared instead of waiting.

can't remember which program did it offhand, worth a google later if no1s cracked it by then.

EDIT: Quick google found this, Make Windows Load Your Desktop Before You Log In
    and
    Auto Login And Lock Windows 7

dont work on all winblows, still theres other tweaks out there that do the same.

with desktop running the streamer will get loaded as well, if they dotn work theres plenty more on google.
    Let me clarify what i meant. After restarting the computer, i log into all the accounts/users and all the programs are running fine. Now i click switch user and now at the switch user panel. all the users are logged on. If i leave the computer at the switch user panel, then the streamer is not running and hence can't connect. as soon as i go into a particular user account, the red cross on the streamer disappears and it becomes active again. all the other programs are running while i am at the switch user panel. not sure why streamer is not running.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Let me clarify what i meant. After restarting the computer, i log into all the accounts/users and all the programs are running fine. Now i click switch user and now at the switch user panel. all the users are logged on. If i leave the computer at the switch user panel, then the streamer is not running and hence can't connect. as soon as i go into a particular user account, the red cross on the streamer disappears and it becomes active again. all the other programs are running while i am at the switch user panel. not sure why streamer is not running.
    Orb, tightvnc, etc keep running even when i am not signed into a specific user/account. whereas streamer stops running.
    This drove me crazy for awhile also until I checked the "Allow service to interact with desktop" option under the "Log On" tab of the Splashtop Remote Service. Now I can connect whether I'm logged of or my screen is locked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeari View Post
    This drove me crazy for awhile also until I checked the "Allow service to interact with desktop" option under the "Log On" tab of the Splashtop Remote Service. Now I can connect whether I'm logged of or my screen is locked.
    I'm not seeing this in the remote streamer tabs? Is this a Win7 setting, or where do I find it in the remote streamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    I'm not seeing this in the remote streamer tabs? Is this a Win7 setting, or where do I find it in the remote streamer?
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services then Splashtop Remote Service, double click for what u need.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services then Splashtop Remote Service, double click for what u need.
    Or just click start and type "services" on Windows 7 (or start --> run --> "services.msc" for any other windows OS). Sorry for omitting this earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeari View Post
    Or just click start and type "services" on Windows 7 (or start --> run --> "services.msc" for any other windows OS). Sorry for omitting this earlier.
    also to note (on my install at least) the service seems to be set to never restart after a fail, i had to enable all 3 fail options.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. I'll give this a shot this weekend while I try to get wake on lan from an outside network working.