1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the adobe flash player is updated by Adobe or HP?

My mates Motorola Xoom had his adobe flash player updated to version 11 today. I am hoping it will fix the slight sound delay I get when watching flash on my TouchPad.
    What I'd like to know is why Flash is slower after updating to 3.0.2 from stock. I've tested on 3 Touchpads where I was able to run 1080p videos almost flawlessly in Youtube and then after the 3.0.2 update, trying again and am only able to run 480p smoothly and 720p stutters.

Hopefully there's an update for this soon!
    there is no benefit to running a video with resolution higher than 1024x768, because the TP has to downscale it during playback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is no benefit to running a video with resolution higher than 1024x768, because the TP has to downscale it during playback.
    I don't think you read the thread

OP has sound lag issues with Flash and I can't even play 720p after updating (there's about another 100 lines of vertical info over 480p after resizing).
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I hope it gets updated. I've been to two sites that told me I was running an old version and I needed to update
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Not a single news report of Xoom getting flash 11 today.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    a quick google reveals it came out a week ago (according to the first xoom forum I came across).
    OP: To put it short and sweet, Adobe actually updates Flash, but HP still has to review it in the context of its stability in webOS before deploying it.

Who knows if this has even begun to happen yet. Whether webOS gets it or not will, because it's a MAJOR update, depend on whether HP and Adobe agree to leverage the resources necessary to throw at getting it ready for webOS. Questionable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    I've had it on my Photon 4G for about a week already: https://market.android.com/details?i...be.flashplayer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I just checked on adobe's website and webOS 3.0.4 still has flash 10.3.185.63

Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    I just checked on adobe's website and webOS 3.0.4 still has flash 10.3.185.63

But looking at the Dr. for 3.0.4 Flash is no longer a lib port, now it is a full app, although you can not see it's icon as it is marked invisible. But this will allow it to be full app catalog updated. So if it is to be updated from 10 to 11. All that is needed is a new published app.

App I'D is com.palm.app.flashplugin-001.
    According to this Adobe site, my webOS 3.0.4 TouchPad has version 10,3,181,34 installed. But going to the site linked from within, it shows 10,3,185,63. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    But looking at the Dr. for 3.0.4 Flash is no longer a lib port, now it is a full app, although you can not see it's icon as it is marked invisible. But this will allow it to be full app catalog updated. So if it is to be updated from 10 to 11. All that is needed is a new published app.

App I'D is com.palm.app.flashplugin-001.
    That's good news. I though it was kind of silly to tie a flash update to an OS update.