1.    #1  
    Kalemsoft media player can play divx/xvids and .mkv files, however it won't recognise my twonky UPNP media server on my linux based NAS.

Bhome can see my UPNP media server but won't play divx/xvids and .mkv files.

Is there no app that can stream from UPNP media servers, and also play divx/xvids and .mkv files?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    Kalemsoft media player can play divx/xvids and .mkv files, however it won't recognise my twonky UPNP media server on my linux based NAS.

Is there no app that can stream from UPNP media servers, and also play divx/xvids and .mkv files?
    I am very new to WebOS but I have read a couple of threads on similar topics. I am sure the answer is no.

Like you I have used Kalemsoft but to stream you have to but their software on your PC. No good to me because I use a streaming NAS media server.

Bhome connects to to the NAS media server without a problem but I only have a few mp4 movies.

So I have to return to Android to stream films

I am also using twonky on a D-Link DNS-320 ( linux based ).
    In case you missed it, there is an update to BHOME that will allow it to use an external app ( TouchPlayer ) to play video formats not natively supported by the TouchPad.

I have used the free version of BHome 1.2.1 with TouchPlayer 1.0.6a. It does play mkv files. I am having problems with TouchPlayer when launched from BHome however, in regards to pause, forward and rewind. If I don't touch it it works fine ( for 5 minutes -- the limitation of the free BHome. )

If I could be assured I could rewind, FFWD, pause and resume with TouchPlayer launched from BHome, I would buy BHome today. Right now I am still testing and looking for updates in either app.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by JoeBonifazi; 11/16/2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Kalemsoft Media Player plays local files great for me but I am in a similar position to you guys when playing over the network. There is a real gap in the HP market on this front. It would be great if we could get BHome to work with Kalemsoft Media Player.
  5.    #5  
    I found a solution to get the files from my NAS streaming onto my Touchpad, i used the enyo network drive mapper and followed the instructions in the authors post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/nelsun-...ve-mapper.html

While using this did not result in being able to go through my UPNP media server running on my NAS, it did however allow my touchpad to go through the fileshare system built into my NAS, thus giving me wireless access to stream my files.
    I found a solution to get the files from my NAS streaming onto my Touchpad, i used the enyo network drive mapper and followed the instructions in the authors post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/nelsun-...ve-mapper.html

While using this did not result in being able to go through my UPNP media server running on my NAS, it did however allow my touchpad to go through the fileshare system built into my NAS, thus giving me wireless access to stream my files.
    I use the Enyo Drive Mapper that mr.interested suggested. It works like a charm. Just make sure that you have Kalemsoft (if thats what you are using) open and then mount the drives. You only have to do this once until you reboot.
    I use the free Preware TouchPlayer, and the pay-for catalog app BHome, which integrates to the new API feature that TouchPlayer exposes.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Just used the drive mapper to mount a share to my NAS drive. Very good app and I now have access to all my media via Kalemsoft