1.    #1  
    Thought I would post this issue here as several people have reported it at: Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: HP touch kindle app freezes

Using the Kindle App to read Amazon books I have found the book to open, scroll through a couple of pages and go completely blank. Have to close out the app to recover only to experience the issue again.

I reacquired the Kindle App through the HP App Catalog and downloaded the book(s) again only to experience the same issue. It appears that several other users of the Kindle App are also reporting the same issue. If anyone has found a work-around of fix to this issue please let me know.
    I had that with the latest version. What I did was delete the app reboot and then reinstall and that fixed my problem. Have a try of that, might work for you.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    I had that with the latest version. What I did was delete the app reboot and then reinstall and that fixed my problem. Have a try of that, might work for you.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks for the response. My Touchpad came w/ the Kindle App pre-installed so it wasn't listed in the Software Manager to uninstall. I did grab the Kindle App from the HP App Catalog and continued to have the problem BUT with a couple additional issues:

1. "Too many cards open..." message and only 1 web browser card was open.
    2. Attempt to play Angry Birds and App crashes.

I power-cycled the device and everything appears to work now, including the Kindle... I can only assume I had some memory management issue.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfair View Post
    I can only assume I had some memory management issue.

Thanks again.
    That happens to all of us as we get older
    sorry if this is a daft question but how do I get kindle?
    Hi folks

Am I correct in assuming that the Kindle Beta is the Kindle "App" being discussed?

I'm running on a 64GB TP, and either while launching the app, or switching cards away from the Kindle ap, I will get a TMC error >50% of the time. I never have more than 5 cards open...

Anyone else seeing this?

russ
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

Am I correct in assuming that the Kindle Beta is the Kindle "App" being discussed?

I'm running on a 64GB TP, and either while launching the app, or switching cards away from the Kindle ap, I will get a TMC error >50% of the time. I never have more than 5 cards open...

Anyone else seeing this?

russ
    Russ,

Very similiar to what I was posting. A buddy of mine today asked if I kept the device in an ON state for long periods of time. Until yesterday I had never turned it OFF which makes me think memory issues.

Try power-cycling the device and monitor over a few days.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by western_rider's_dad View Post
    That happens to all of us as we get older
    LOL, aint that the truth