Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have had my HP Touchpad for less than a week now and really love it.

What I am looking for is a way to access my network via wireless and move files (audio, video, etc.) from my network (NAS for example) to my HP Touchpad while using my Touchpad.

I know I can do this via USB but how do I do this while using the HP Touchpad wireless?

Edit: I am guessing that there is no app for this or way to do this yet after reading the following thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
    Last edited by nToxik; 10/04/2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: found info I think
    There are a few apps for sending files from a PC (requires a PC app). If your NAS supports UPNP, there are some apps that can get it that way.
    Don't know of any straightforward way of doing it but you can connect to your PC through Splashtop, copy the files to Box.net and then download them to your TP.
    I use this to transfer
    http://www.precentral.net/tbtransfer
    and I've connected my Nas with the computer therefore I can see it and transfer files from TB file transfer on touchpad.

And this to stream to my touchpad http://forums.precentral.net/3128665-post70.html. Mount the NAS to kalemsoft and then open kalemsoft and watch whatever you want if you want to watch unsupported formats

Bhome Upnp is good to but you can't use it if you have avi etc etc.
    I have a pogopug and have installed samba to share it on my network. Anyway to get the Tp to see the Pogoplug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gemini File Manager recently added a feature that allows any files on the Touchpad to be wirelessly downloaded. Unlike the other sync apps in the app catalog, it does not need a server app to be installed on a PC. Gemini (seemingly) runs its own web server, so you can download any Touchpad files from any browser on any other machine, though I think they recommend Chrome.

It's also a darned good dual-paned file manager, I just bought it the other day and it was well worth the money.

I think the developer is still working on it, so maybe he'll add file uploads soon.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....omastudios.fm
    Thanks, I just down loaded it and see that it workjs well to get files from the TP to the PC but I am looking to go the otherway without using a 3rd party like drop box. I read all that greek about geyying the thig to connect to a VPN but I just want to network to my PC and the instructions are even bagffeling to a man like me with 30 years playing with all manner of these things and building and repairing my fair share as well. Just to many anachronyms to remmember any
    more.
    search for "enyo network drive mapper" and shiftyaxels "wifi file sharing" app.

the enyo mapper lets you mount your nas to a local folder on the touchpad which u can then browse via InternalZ file manager.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Wifi file'sharing doesn't work for me. It worked once and now I can't get it to be mounted on my mac anymore...

Does it work for you with lunace? I think it doesn't work since I installed it...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Wifi file'sharing doesn't work for me. It worked once and now I can't get it to be mounted on my mac anymore...

Does it work for you with lunace? I think it doesn't work since I installed it...
    Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper

scroll down to attachments and get : com.nelsun.networkdrives_1.0.2_all.zip

when you successfully add a network drive/share/nas etc you mount it locally in a folder, default is a folder inside /media/internal/shares

heres a small pic of mine, when mounted all you do is use internalz or whatever else to browse to this folder and your mounted shares etc are all accessed from inside there as if they were local on your touchpad, in my screenshot you see several of my nas/shares as local folders..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<