1.    #1  
    Hi, somewhat of a newbie here I guess. (Hopefully much more sane than most...)

Anyway, I just got myself a touchpad. Hacked it. All is well and good. I love the Quick Office HD app on it for class. It works great. Anyway, I show my mom the touchpad and she loves it. She goes out and buys one as well. She sets it up by herself so I don't know all the details here, but she has "Quick Office" as in not HD Quick Office. It won't open her docs to edit, just for viewing. I don't know if this is a big difference. I don't even know if there's a way to update this...

My mom said she didn't update the touchpad and, in checking the update status of it myself, says it's up to date. The only updates for apps were for the app store. Does anyone know what's up here? Apologies if I'm coming off as a *******, but I feel kinda' like I'm traveling in uncharted territory...
    It sounds like the OTA (over the air) OS update hasn't been applied to her TouchPad. Open the Device Info app & check the OS version. 3.0.0 is the original, and 3.0.2 is the updated one. The Quick Office HD with editing is part of that update. To get it, run System Updates (looks like a present). Make sure the TouchPad is plugged into AC & the battery fully charged before updating.
  3.    #3  
    Ahhh. Yeah. I actually went and Web OS Doctor'd it. Works great now. Thanks for the advice though man.