Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Ahhhh, the bleeding edge does have it's pitfalls. I just got my 4G TP all configured the way I want and was happier than a "something in a something". And then today when I got to the office the wife texted that she needed some financial forms right away. I thought, "Oh goodie, I'll just Splashtop home and print them for her, she'll really love me now". Well I busted out the 'ole TP and hit the fancy little Splashtop icon. Hmmmm, well that stopped me from wigglin' in my chair. While I may have been connected to the internet with AT&T blazing 4G speed (2.1 dn .9 up), Splashtop must have checked for a wifi signal and didn't see one 'cuz it threw an error to the effect of, "Not today buddy".

I posted a trouble ticket to Splashtop but I was wondering if anyone knew a workaround?

TIA,
    Twack

Error:
    did it work from a wifi only touchpad? Sounds like a config or firewall issue.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    doesn't that just make your pc was sleep or something like that
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Worked from my Wifi touchpad last week. It doesn't even get to the "search" screen. This pops right when Splashtop opens.
    I don't own a TP 4G but a wi-fi only model. A few days ago, I was at a friend's of mine and I connected to this wi-fi in order to access remotely my desktop at home: that worked by using the "Google account" feature (on both apps, Win one and WebOS one).

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did it work from a wifi only touchpad? Sounds like a config or firewall issue.
    1 of splashtops .jsjsjs $files$ $has$ $code$ $that$ $stops$ $it$ $functioning$ $on$ $3g$/$etc$, $think$ $the$ $comment$ $line$ $was$ &$quot$;$stop$ $it$ $working$ $incase$ $of$ $accidental$ $high$ $3g$ $costs$&$quot$;.

if he's on wifi then summits gone belly up, if its mobile/phone then its by design, tho could be edited out of their .jsjsjs $file$.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    1 of splashtops .jsjsjs $files$ $has$ $code$ $that$ $stops$ $it$ $functioning$ $on$ $3g$/$etc$, $think$ $the$ $comment$ $line$ $was$ &$quot$;$stop$ $it$ $working$ $incase$ $of$ $accidental$ $high$ $3g$ $costs$&$quot$;.

if he's on wifi then summits gone belly up, if its mobile/phone then its by design, tho could be edited out of their .jsjsjs $file$.
    I think I found it:

Code:
    ifDetect3G: function() {
      if (is_Meg_In_Charge()( {
        doTheDontWorkWith3G();
      else {
        doSendMoreMoneyToFruitCo();
      }
    };
    geekpeter and alan sh like this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I have found a work around! And it boy is it round.

To make it work follow this:

(TouchPad + Freetether) + (Veer + Freetether) = Splashtop on 4G TouchPad;

1. Establish 4G cellular connect on to
    2. Install and activate freetether with default IP settings for hosting
    3. Connect a Veer via WiFi to TP
    4. Install and activate freetether on veer setting the host IP to 192.168.100.2
    5. Connect the 4G to to veer via WiFi

Now you can get splashing running because it sees a WiFi connection. I'm just using the veer and freetether as a circular repeater.

This is too goofy to work, but it does. LOL
    Last edited by twack; 10/04/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    deserves +1
    I messaged the developer on Twitter about this exact problem. The application wants a WiFi signal so it isn't working. What you need to do is to sign into your gmail account on the computer and on the touchpad. This will enable internet discovery and it will work.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I have it working now with straight 4G and no logging into gmail. Does anyone need a patch? It's about 3-4 lines that needed changing.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    What's really crazy is that I sent them the fixed source code and they did not implement it in the two revision upgrades since. They sent me some promocodes though

I created my own ipk but never made the patch. I'll make one up this weekend and test it before sending the .patch file out to the wild.
    Last edited by twack; 01/18/2012 at 07:06 AM.
    TWack

I simply installed CM7 for my 'workaround' - and downloaded Splashtop for $0 'over there' anyway!

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I simply installed CM7 for my 'workaround' - and downloaded Splashtop for $0 'over there' anyway!

So you're saying you have a 3G/4G TouchPad and it works using the SIM (no Wifi) with CM7?
    TWack

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    So you're saying you have a 3G/4G TouchPad and it works using the SIM (no Wifi) with CM7?

No.. I'm jesting you about the 'workaround'!
    I'd love a 3G/4G.. but I'm Wifi only. There is of course a 3G CM7 V. also, with free 'Splashtop' download.. from 'Getjar' I think.
    That was my primary 'inspiration' for also CM7-ing initially!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/18/2012 at 08:06 AM.
    I learned quickly to not use it on a connection that charges by data volume.
    Splashtop is most definitely not free on Android - $20 last time I checked.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Splashtop is most definitely not free on Android - $20 last time I checked.
    You haven't checked in awhile. The HD version of Splashtop on Android is about $10 now, and the regular version is usually between $1 and $5. There was also a day a few weeks ago where the regular version was Amazon's Free App of the Day, so it's possible he grabbed it then.

I do have the WebOS version, but unfortunately I don't have Splashtop HD for Android (since I didn't see the point in paying for it twice). It's a shame I don't, as I'd like to compare back-to-back how much resolution the "HD" version actually adds on a tablet over the regular. Or what effect Ice Cream Sandwich will have on them.
    What's really crazy is that I sent them the fixed source code and they did not implement it in the two revision upgrades since. They sent me some promocodes though

I created my own ipk but never made the patch. I'll make one up this weekend and test it before sending the .patch file out to the wild.
    This would be much appreciated! Please post a link to the patch once you have a working and tested version. THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    This would be much appreciated! Please post a link to the patch once you have a working and tested version. THANK YOU!

i owould greatly appreciate that too!!

so this is the reason why my 4g connection appeared so spotty when using splashtop!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast