Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I felt this could use it's own thread in case some folks skipped over the Splashtop thread or only browsed Thread subjects... good news for us!

See this thread if you paid $9.99 for the app. Splashtop has three forms of credit for customers for those who did purchase the app at that price...

Pricing drop - refund? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Dear Splashtop / TouchPad customers,

We would like to thank you for your purchase of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD for the HP TouchPad and making it a best-seller from the moment it was available for purchase in the HP App Catalog.

At the same time we would like to apologize for a price change. Our intent was to give a deep discount at $4.99 so more people could enjoy the product.

However, unfortunately, to credit back the difference is no easy way. So now, we would suggest you to:

(1) open a Support ticket here:
    [ Splashtop Remote - Support : Submit a request for assistance ];

(2) attach a copy of your purchase receipt; (better to have a screenshot)

Then, once if we confirmed your receipt, (according to current feedback) we can provide three Gift options for you to choose one of those:

(a) we can gift you a copy of Splashtop Remote Desktop for the Palm Pre and Pre2 to gift to a friend or relative…

(b) we can gift you an additional copy of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD for the HP TouchPad to gift to a friend or relative…

(c) gift you our next TouchPad product. (we are working on other exciting products for TouchPad, and you will be notified to redeem the gift. and it will need some time to wait for it.)

We do apology for taking so long to reply to you. We hope you can understand our situation, and also, hope you will enjoy Splashtop products on TouchPad. Again, we do look forward to having your feedback on how we can best improve the product.

Sincerely,

Splashtop
    They didn't have to do this. Bravo Splashtop!
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    They didn't have to do this. Bravo Splashtop!
    Hhmm.. probably so.. but then clearly they probably also didn't have to slap an 'original price' of nearly $20 on the product in the first place, either!

How many potential TP customers to now upset/cajole.. 1 million + ?

@ $4.99 a shot.. that's worth their while appearing to 'be nice' about isn't it?

In a cash strapped capitalistic world, it is The Consumer who actually holds the 'balance of power' here!

Notice that '..to credit back the difference..' in ACTUAL $'s is '..no easy way..' !! Much 'easier' to let a few more digitally downloaded 'gifts' out of their stash, than let go or return the actual cash!

'Bravo' perhaps, to Splashtop for at least recognising THAT anyhow!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/03/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    There was a snafu which they've acknowledged and addressing in what seems to be a fair way all around. It seems like, as with the Glimpse sale, we have a developer who wanted to set promotional pricing to get their product in the hands of the users and it went wrong at first. I got bit by both of these situations. Wasn't a lot of money and will all work out in the end. We're all learning the limitations of the HP app store with getting pricing right and remediating pricing mistakes. So I'll chime in with a bravo to Splashtop.
    cj-m likes this.
    Good for them, taken the high road.
    (we are working on other exciting products for TouchPad...)
    please be x-display!
    Nightburn likes this.
    What about those that purchased at 9.99 using the early adopter credit?
    you still got a receipt, and it still shows you 'paid' $9.99, right?
    Nope, it shows 0.00, all promo code purchases show 0.00.

I submitted a ticket anyways and noted that the email is time stamped during the time period when the app was selling for 9.99 still. I guess I'll wait to see what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post

I submitted a ticket anyways and noted that the email is time stamped during the time period when the app was selling for 9.99 still. I guess I'll wait to see what they do.
    As long as you have a receipt with the date then you used your credit so same as cash I would think. I would imagine they'll want a screen shot of the receipt as proof same as those of us who paid.
    Obviously. I made sure to include the email header to show time stamp of when it was received.
    Obviously. I made sure to include the email header to show time stamp of when it was received.
    Right, good luck!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    please be x-display!
    Agreed! It would come in handy at work to have a third display (technical writing/proofing screens all day) to be able to flip orientation and view in page mode (too cheap to get a rotating monitor).

One thing about X-display 'Splashtop XDisplay currently only supports computers with at least one unused video display output.'

As for submitting to Splashtop if you paid $9.99 ...

...an attachment of a screenshot of the receipt with header info displayed will do fine. You should receive an automated reply from their system and I would expect a follow-up email from them about your options after they proof your payment/time/etc.
    tbh ill let them keep my cash if ittl encourage them to support future updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    tbh ill let them keep my cash if ittl encourage them to support future updates.
    Yep, I haven't asked for any refund and may not. And if I read it correctly, doesn't actually look like they're offering refunds but an added freebie from a menu of 3 options if you so desire.
    Anyone have any idea what their next Touchpad app will be?
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

if they give you any guff, if you have the prior receipt you can show the math between the new balance on the promo (at least all my $50 credit promo showed the remaining balance on them)

good luck. i'll be opening my support ticket this afternoon
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Anyone have any idea what their next Touchpad app will be?
    if their website is any indication on what they already have for other platforms, nothing of interest (to me anyway)
    x-display would be awesome, especially if it works with exhibition mode.
    The answer is yes, they did accept the email header time stamp as proof even the though price shows 0.00.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast