1.    #1  
    Been using Kindle on my UK Touchpad for a while now and a few times, when starting, it sticks on the welcome screen and won't go any further.
    Normally I can clear this with a restart (of the app, not the Touchpad) but today it will not go away (had to play bubble birds on the journey to work instead) even with a Luna or Full restart.
    Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution? I would like to avoid re-installing and sideloading my books again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
    Hi
    Try this. Go to kindle settings, press deregister device and then register device again. It should fix your problem
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by garlon View Post
    Hi
    Try this. Go to kindle settings, press deregister device and then register device again. It should fix your problem
    I'm off net at work at the moment so will try when I get home, but suspect this will remove my 'Sideloaded' books

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by toonarmybarmy View Post
    I'm off net at work at the moment so will try when I get home, but suspect this will remove my 'Sideloaded' books

Tim
    Yes it will.

Before you deregister, first move your sideloaded books and covers to some temp location on /media/internal. Deregistering definitely deletes all books and covers from /media/internal/.palmkindle.

Now deregister, and reregister your Kindle app.

After you reregister, close Kindle, move your books and covers back to /media/internal/.palmkindle, run Kindle Import, Load and Import New Books, and you should be good to go.