1.    #1  
    Ok, kind of a strange request. When I use SplashTop, I get audio/video back on my TouchPad. Is there a way to reverse that? I've used the speakerphone on the TouchPad a few times, so there is a microphone. I want to be able to talk into the TouchPad and have my voice come out on my PC speakers.

Any recommendations? I don't use a mic on my PC, so not sure what kind of software I'd need, or if this is even possible.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Heh. I tried doing this over the Bluetooth link a couple of weeks ago, as the touchpad pairs to the PC claiming it can be used as a headset, however, it didn't do it. It could be done, but someone would probably have to write a driver for the PC to add a new microphone driver.. Unless someone has any other bright ideas...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    This should be possible using pulseaudio. Do you have shell access? Then you could try this howto.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Ok, kind of a strange request. When I use SplashTop, I get audio/video back on my TouchPad. Is there a way to reverse that? I've used the speakerphone on the TouchPad a few times, so there is a microphone. I want to be able to talk into the TouchPad and have my voice come out on my PC speakers.

Any recommendations? I don't use a mic on my PC, so not sure what kind of software I'd need, or if this is even possible.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to do voice memo's, there is a voice recorder app, its free. I haven't done it yet, but under email attachments, you can add it, it's under audio files. For some reason when I downloaded it, it shows as installed, and I can make recordings, but the app catalog never recognizes it as on my touchpad. I downloaded it 2-3 times before I realized it was on the TP. Anyway, if you are wanting to do it in REAL time, then, thats a challenge for the dev's. I was thinking if you have skype, you could always open a skype session to a secondary account and have voice come over in realtime...
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i could see a lot of potential use for this... a lot of potential to scare the crap out of someone :P
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i could see a lot of potential use for this... a lot of potential to scare the crap out of someone :P
    This I wasn't really tryin to accomplish anything, but I have startled my girlfriend a few times by starting up some music, and redirecting the audio back to my PC, while at work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel