Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #1  
    new apps and info!
    here's to hoping!
    If not hopefully someone will find a way to deactivate that bit. It would be pretty annoying to see the Sept issue from now until the tp eventually dies.
    Were is the new version , and I wonder what free app they will give

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Were is the new version , and I wonder what free app they will give

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Why go into it with the expectation that they will? Honestly I'm surprised that they have given so many apps away for free as it is.

I just hope they do continue to update the catalog.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    lol i'm kind of dumb sometimes. i could never figure out how to read the blasted thing. i kept pressing on that arrow. pressing. pressing. i was dumbfounded how it didnt work!

finally i figured it out last night. slide my finger to the left lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Why go into it with the expectation that they will? Honestly I'm surprised that they have given so many apps away for free as it is.

I just hope they do continue to update the catalog.
    Because the Pivot team said they were going to continue the free apps on the blog.
    Saw on the HP Palm blog that the new Pivot will be out Monday or Tuesday. He said in a few days and that was Friday I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphoto View Post
    Saw on the HP Palm blog that the new Pivot will be out Monday or Tuesday. He said in a few days and that was Friday I think.
    yep, and he said there would be a new app in Octobers Pivot
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm not holding my breath. My first TouchPad has September on it. I received it in August, so I briefly got to see that issue. I started up a second new TP yesterday and it had the July issue. It never even downloaded September, it's still stuck in the past.

I want to see a new issue, I even have my fingers crossed, but I just don't feel very confident right now...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Cool, I was thinking that they had possibly stopped supporting the apps/pivot. Hadn't seen a new app in like 3-4 days (aside from the $30 Nikon app).
    In a way I was thinking it may be a positive thing because it possibly meant that HP had stopped working that aspect of it because Amazon had taken over. Tho I wonder where the app support will go on from there if it does happen.
    Good to know, I wasn't aware it was something they would continually do.
    Everyone involved with the Pivot team has said the issues should keep on flowing. I'm also sure there are contracts involved and promises to developers that were made. Plus, with more Touchpads continuing to be sold and more coming at the end of this month, there's no reason to stop promoting webOS as the more apps they sell, the more money they make and the more they promote webOS and have numbers to show how well the apps are selling, that just makes webOS look even better to potential buyers. Boy that was a long sentence.

Plus, here's my thing. Anyone who has brains knows that the Touchpad is now in around a million hands. Buyers are hungry for apps...quality ones. If you're a developer that brings a good app to Touchpad, you will make good money and a ton of thank yous and support from our community. On iOS or Android, you might just get lost in a sea of apps.

Smart developers who want to make money should be looking at webOS for the moment.

Just my 2 cents.
  14.    #14  
    I'll get a last minute dig on the September Pivot cover. There's no TP in the pic, although a guy is taking notes....with a notepad. Now wasn't there a thread on lack of a good notepad for the TP........ha
    Today is October 3... Anybody seen the October Pivot yet? Is it already released for the UK as well?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/03/2011 at 01:03 PM.
    not out yet for anyone afaikafaikafaik. $several$ $have$ $said$ $it$'$s$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $out$ $for$ $the$ $US$ $at$ $least$ $today$ $or$ $tomorrow$.
    I have it set to US, but no new edition yet.

Edit: it says my Pivot is from July 2011. Is that even right?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    the app store has been screwy for a few days. So far today, I have checked new apps 5 times and I have seen three different lists. First, I had one with the kodak app up top, then the top one was the prior day's most recent app, then I had another listing that started with stuff released today, or yesterday, I presume. Then back to about 4 days ago, then the kodak app again.

since the app listings are all whacked, I wouldn't be surprised that you have july's pivot as your opening shot.
    remember folks, this is managed by HP - a very sharp group of decision makers. They would probably argue that it is NOT actually October yet, so get over it. It's October when they say it's October. ;-)
    gjbnh, kamaru, Dazo and 4 others like this.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    If I am remembering correctly, the last 2 came out late afternoon Eastern time (GMT -5). So I figure it will be at least another couple of hours.

BUT that is just my guess.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast