Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    I'm now waiting for the "Pigs Fly", "Monkeys Fly Out of my ____" and "Hell Freezes Over" issues,
    I wish they would allow you to open the catalog & have it go straight to the apps. I'm tired of seeing that lousy cover with "coming soon", every time I launch the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I wish they would allow you to open the catalog & have it go straight to the apps. I'm tired of seeing that lousy cover with "coming soon", every time I launch the app catalog.
    Not only that but you also have to open the App Catalog, switch from Pivot (aka the Featured section) to Categories.... which shows you recommended apps. Isn't that what Pivot is for? It should go to new first... and give you the option of choosing recommended. Instead of giving you recommended and the option of choosing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    pivot tweeted 6 hrs ago that the new issue will be out "very soon"....which could mean anything.
    True, but it also gives at least SOME hope that they won't be dropping it at this point.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    My understanding is that the next issue is themed the "Party" issue and it features HP staff hilariously failing to organise a drinking party within a brewery.
    Dis, DeadVim, MiamiArch and 6 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    True, but it also gives at least SOME hope that they won't be dropping it at this point.
    I would be surprised if the Pivot crew were not already handed their walking papers.
    Let's face it, nothing being there more than halfway through the month, when it was a monthly publication, does NOT bode well.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    More that half way through the month? It's a bit of joke really.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I would be surprised if the Pivot crew were not already handed their walking papers.
    Let's face it, nothing being there more than halfway through the month, when it was a monthly publication, does NOT bode well.
    Pivot is outsourced... Not only that, but they tweeted the issue is coming.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

Who knows, maybe the 1-page teaser was our "October" issue and in 2 weeks we'll have out November sports issue
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    How do we read the past issues of Pivot? I just barely got my TouchPad from HP last week and wanted to catch up and see previous issues.
    We are not able to read past issues of Pivot, sorry. I wish we could, but nobody seems to know how to retrieve back issues.
    From my experience with HP/Palm, "soon" is highly ambiguous terminology that has been used in the past to mean anywhere from the next day to next year, lol, but it's coming
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    My understanding is that the next issue is themed the "Party" issue and it features HP staff hilariously failing to organise a drinking party within a brewery.
    I can't wait for January and February's issues both called "Coming Next Month"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Who knows, maybe the 1-page teaser was our "October" issue and in 2 weeks we'll have out November sports issue
    Nope, for Nov. we have a highlight on scary monster games, such as that solitaire with pumpkins on the cards! WooOOoo!

The cover will have strips of beef jerky, splayed out into the pose of the girls from the October issue. The byline will read "No, stop warming up. You've warmed up too far".
    Jophiel likes this.
    I always feel like I'm about to be put on a FBI watch list when I load that teaser cover for the "October issue."
    I wish I could keep from coming for so long
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So did it arrive?
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    What monthly? I still have the July-issue as the newest.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    From my experience with HP/Palm, "soon" is highly ambiguous terminology that has been used in the past to mean anywhere from the next day to next year, lol, but it's coming
    Already been on that "soon" with Android-upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I'm now waiting for the "Pigs Fly", "Monkeys Fly Out of my ____" and "Hell Freezes Over" issues,
    HP is reserving those issues for the webOS hardware relaunch!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast