Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    It doesn't say "October", just "Sports". They have also never just put up a "Coming Soon" up until this point. You either had the old issue or the new issue, no in-between.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    No one has the "October" issue cover, they have a message saying the "sports" issue is coming, there are no more monthly pivots.
    boy, if the "sports" issue is NOT really coming soon (it is now oct 15) I wpuld rather have the sept issue back, instead of the teaser screen only :-(
    Sorry had to laugh. Post #73 for more details.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    @mike: What September-release? July is the newest one.
    looks like some of the repercussions from dropping WebOS are finally starting to materialize.

They might as well drop the whole thing if there's no longer a regular schedule for updating.
    Well, they are giving updates. In fact, they sent an update out for older Pre-phones to support newer apps (Enyo). They also have a new contest for apps and 3.0.4 coming. So it's not like they're dropping it, at least not at this moment.
    just another negative sign for the future of webOS. Things are really winding down. HP did a huge disservice when they bought Palm. Amazing how bad this acquisition was handled. At least Mark Hurd had things moving in a positive direction. They hire Leo and he lies to the public and his employees for 9 months about HP's commitment to webOS. Such a shame and such a scam really.
    Which is weird, 'cause since they bought Compaq, they produced the iPaq and they still produce the iPaq up till today. So they have some experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Well, they are giving updates. In fact, they sent an update out for older Pre-phones to support newer apps (Enyo). They also have a new contest for apps and 3.0.4 coming. So it's not like they're dropping it, at least not at this moment.
    oh i know they aren't completely dropping support yet, but i don't think it's a good sign that Pivot is basically being marginalized. It means someone at HP is actively winding certain things down beyond the hardware development teams.

Even the 3.0.4 update might have largely been in development before the cancellation announcement was made.

The good news is that 3.0.4 appears to have some decent bug fixes compared to 3.0.2.
    They also have a new contest for apps
    Do they? Links please
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Do they? Links please
    Here ya go

HP webOS Developer Blog
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I guess they stopped doing it by months...
    or just plain stopped doing it. Pink slips will do that

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You win a blog post on a blog only read by other developers? That's the scale and power of HP in action.
    Oh right. I knew about that (D'oh!) , but didn't really consider it a contest (although I suppose it is), I thought of it more of a bit of fun.

As CGK said, HP isn't really pushing the boat out, is it :P
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    I am recent new owner of a Touchpad. Is there a way of viewing paste issues of the magazine?
    The preview told me to "start warming up", but now I've been warming up so long I'm pooped.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    There was a Tweet this afternoon from @webOSPivot, it was about 6 hours ago so a little before 1pm Pacific time, but nothing posted yet that I can see.

"Stay tuned - The new issue will be available very soon!"
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    pivot tweeted 6 hrs ago that the new issue will be out "very soon"....which could mean anything.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    pivot tweeted 6 hrs ago that the new issue will be out "very soon"....which could mean anything.
    They need to adopt my local bootcamp's motto, "Our warmup is your workout". I've had the Touchpad for 2 weeks and the screen always had the "coming soon" on the Pivot. I've never been here for others but it's very tiring to told to wait and wait. If it's soon then I expected it within the week but my version of soon is different from a large corporation.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast