Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Ironically, if it goes up and I miss all the apps, etc, I won't really care. After spending this long waiting for it, I've lost interest.
    IIRC the September issue had one app and was 42 pages, so the other 41 1/2 pages would be the "etc"?
    jxrxblanchard likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Well, notice it does not say the October issue is coming, its the sports issue. This could be our first clue that they will no longer have a monthly issue.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Peep likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    IIRC the September issue had one app and was 42 pages, so the other 41 1/2 pages would be the "etc"?
    Indeed they would. I was looking forward to reading it, even if some of the articles were a bit cheesy, but I'm kind of "eh" about it at this point. Not that I won't read it eventually when it comes out but it's no longer on my "looking forward to this" list.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I wonder whether it is being held for something. E.g. a featured app hasn't actually been approved yet, or needed a bug fixed before approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I wonder whether it is being held for something. E.g. a featured app hasn't actually been approved yet, or needed a bug fixed before approval.
    The thinking is the "The app" is Zinio.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ilability.html
    So it's already the 10th & the October issue of Pivot still says coming soon. Wonder how much longer we'll have to wait.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Till next month lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    They might want to call it the Oct/Nov issue by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Till next month lol

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

More like "Stay tuned for the October issue....In the coming months"
    The fact that it is the 11th of October, and the "October" issue is still not out, is a clear indicator that HP has atleast majorly dropped support for webOS, if not completely. This is surely no way to build confidence in your ecosystem, specially under the current circumstances, post Leo's announcements. If HP had any sense whatsoever, they would be making speciall efforts to make people believe that thye are standing behind webOS. They should havealready released an OTA for the TouchPad. Releasing 3.0.3 OTA, would have been a good way to have sent a positive message. But then again, HP has time and again proven that either they are just bumbling fools, or there actually is conspiracy within to ensure the failure of webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    That's what I was thinking. It's not good news that the October issue is taking this long. Gives you an idea of how HP feels about webOS.
    Or we're still waiting for that major announcement in the next few days.... Just the power of positive thinking :-)
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    If HP had any sense whatsoever, they would be making speciall efforts to make people believe that thye are standing behind webOS.
    Why ? If they don't plan on marketing it, don't plan on using it on further devices, what do they gain by being prompt with magazines and patches ? To appease a few thousand die hards who are still holding onto their devices ?

(This is coming from an owner of both a Pre 3 and a Touchpad, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Indeed they would. I was looking forward to reading it, even if some of the articles were a bit cheesy, but I'm kind of "eh" about it at this point. Not that I won't read it eventually when it comes out but it's no longer on my "looking forward to this" list.
    I get it. I was looking forward to it as well but the current status seems indefinite hold so I think we'd all like to see it but not expecting it by any given date at this point, into the category of gravy once it gets here.
    Quote Originally Posted by folly412 View Post
    Or just the "sports issue" with TBDTBDTBD $delivery$ $date$.
    Quote Originally Posted by folly412 View Post
    Agreed. Monthly seems to be a stretch for them at this point. Perhaps every 2 or 3 months might be better for them, or just display "In the Coming Months".
    We're used to that.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Have you installed the "Muffle System logging" patch? If so, remove it. That's what I had to do in order for the cover of the October Pivot to show up.
    Nope, reboot at worse case would to the trick. His app catalog app was most likely just not refreshing.
    I just wonder if they did a month to month contract with the creators of Pivot. Or HP paid a nice termination fee.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

I still have the July-issue
    My location is set to US, but my Catalog is set to Germany due to credit card. Shouldn't I have the new issue already? And if so, can I manually force it somehow to get the new issue?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There is not an October issue coming, they are not going to release them monthly moving forward. I predicted elsewhere in the forum that when they began telling us the "sports" issue was coming was the end of monthly pivots.
    Then why do people already have the cover for the October-issue? If there is a cover for it, then it means they're working on it.