Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Pivot is pretty great. I don't know how useful it is, but it's fun to read and it's well made.

But leave it to this community to talk stuff down for being days too late. I think I know why I stopped coming here every day - and why I feel better for it. Fewer fake problems invented by people who need SOMETHING to hang their beef on.

Y'all realize that a lot of monthly magazines don't release their new issues on the very first day of the new month but usually some time in its first week? And what's up with 2012 car models available in 2011? Don't people look at CALENDARS anymore?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Wow, just got the new Pivot Issue =D
    Looks nice =D
    I hear you, but there is valuable info here. Need to learn to ignore that sort of stuff. I'm still learning to do so, and still biting on some of these threads and getting into debates I shouldn't. If Pivot is late doesn't bother me. Wonder why folks are so anxious to get Pivot, to read it? I'm thinking maybe not. Or thinking it will have promo codes and can't stand waiting for them? That's my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    How long does the delay need to be for them to put out a special cover?
    Why just the cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Wow, just got the new Pivot Issue =D
    Looks nice =D
    I had just run the HP App Catalog before I saw your not and still had the old issue. Restarted and boom there is the new one, thanks.

Well, wait, it's just a cover, nothing more, hah,

bs03 is a mind reader, it's just a cover! At this point anyway...
    I've been wondering if they've got some copy related to the Zinio app becoming available and are just waiting for it to clear the checks and get into the catalogue.
    are there any free app codes in Pivot?
    I've just got the latest pivot

it says:

"Start warming up -The sports issue is coming soon"

The magazine is not flickable, it just has a front page
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphoto View Post
    Everyone involved with the Pivot team has said the issues should keep on flowing. I'm also sure there are contracts involved and promises to developers that were made. Plus, with more Touchpads continuing to be sold and more coming at the end of this month, there's no reason to stop promoting webOS as the more apps they sell, the more money they make and the more they promote webOS and have numbers to show how well the apps are selling, that just makes webOS look even better to potential buyers. Boy that was a long sentence.

Plus, here's my thing. Anyone who has brains knows that the Touchpad is now in around a million hands. Buyers are hungry for apps...quality ones. If you're a developer that brings a good app to Touchpad, you will make good money and a ton of thank yous and support from our community. On iOS or Android, you might just get lost in a sea of apps.

Smart developers who want to make money should be looking at webOS for the moment.

Just my 2 cents.
    If they get their pricing right - WebOS apps are over priced compared to other platforms.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumT11 View Post

it says:

I just noticed that as well. I'm glad they keep doing this and hope for more!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumT11 View Post

it says:

Hopefully not At Bat... ;-)
    Well, I've got a new Pivot 4 front page... Saying "start warming up"... Where's the rest?
    I don't know which is worse, seeing last month's Pivot magazine for up to 10 days into the next month, or a "blank" coming soon page. I know it's coming soon, it's October, and the last month was September.

Ricky from The Trailer Park Boys:

It's not rocket surgery!
    Hopefully they do a little less diversification and keep it TouchPad related.

As interesting as fashion is , there's no place for it in a magazine dedicated to the TouchPad. (Unless of course it happens to be in conjunction with a specific app, but makes about as much sense as seeing a fashion article in PCMag)......(admittedly, I didn't even look to see if there was a corresponding app)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    are there any free app codes in Pivot?
    There's free apps that everyone can get as opposed to free codes that are only via their emails that only a tiny handful can get.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    There's free apps that everyone can get as opposed to free codes that are only via their emails that only a tiny handful can get.
    Some and some are codes as well. I didn't get the AudiophileProHD in the last issue because the code had expired.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Twitter

webOSPivot
    Start warming up - The Sports Issue is coming soon!
    3 Oct
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Weird. I started reading this thread, checked Pivot, and it was Sept issue. After reading Gadgetude's post, I figured maybe the front page was old, but with new content, so loaded it up again.
    Now I get Pivot (04), with title "Start warming up--The Sports issue is coming soon", but with no other content; just the front page. Categories and Search are still there, of course.
    Same here. Had to reload it before it updated. But finally a pivot update, although only a cover at this stage, as all of you obviously. Still good progress after looking at the August issue for two months (New Zealand app store). Maybe Leo's leave is good for more WebOS goodies to come?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphoto View Post
    Starting to wonder if this delay in Pivot means some sort of bigger announcement is coming.

Makes ya wonder if they're having to re-write something. Hmmmm
    Well, HP has promised new tablets....

on anything but WebOS.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I am stuck on August Pivot and have never seen anything else. How can I get September to appear now that its October?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast