Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 182
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Try to log in now..... (NOT)

    I think we are all hitting the server together. HP probably has a little 1 core DELL server hosting it. LOL
    probably on the same HP quality hosting servers that hpshopping.com are on. Those being brought to their knees by internal hp employees last week when the TP when on sale. A single core DELL box may have been the answer then. Such a sad company these days.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Richard Kerris from Palm said that it is a bit delayed, should come soon
    you mean from HP. Palm is dead for some time. I believe his email address ends with @hp.com
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Pivot is well written
    A sure sign legacy HP leadership or new HP management has anything to do with it. Probably outsourced.
  4. #44  
    And HP wants to serve businesses. We see how well they run there own.
    trowany likes this.
  5. #45  
    I love Pivot too but it always seems so unprofessional when I fire up the App Catalog and see last month's issue a few days into the new month.
    rwatkins likes this.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I love Pivot too but it always seems so unprofessional when I fire up the App Catalog and see last month's issue a few days into the new month.
    ^this.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    A sure sign legacy HP leadership or new HP management has anything to do with it. Probably outsourced.
    lol, you're right. It is outsourced, they contracted another company located in NYC that deals with Pivot (i forgot the companies name), they deal with both the writing of the content & coding of each issue. The guy in charge of the project came to one of the NYC webOS meetups a few months ago looking for developers to help with Pivot.

    If I'm not mistaken, I believe HP has a 1 yr contract with them for Pivot, so we should expect new issues at least until next July.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    lol, you're right. It is outsourced, they contracted another company located in NYC that deals with Pivot (i forgot the companies name), they deal with both the writing of the content & coding of each issue. The guy in charge of the project came to one of the NYC webOS meetups a few months ago looking for developers to help with Pivot.

    If I'm not mistaken, I believe HP has a 1 yr contract with them for Pivot, so we should expect new issues at least until next July.
    I have enjoyed the two issues I have received. They were extremely well-done and interesting enough.
    However, unless they are reviewing or featuring old apps this month, they have limited stuff to work with. (IMHO) There hasn't been a dozen significant apps released in the Catalog in the past month.
  9. #49  
    I don't want to be contrary, but do I have to remind you that there are now close to a million Touchpad users? I'm sure that that scale makes a difference.

    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

    My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  10. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #50  
    I'd buy that, if it wasn't for the fact that HP is attempting to position itself as an enterprise server infrastructure provider. Their bread and butter is supposed to be designing and implementing systems with large or heavily fluctuating loads. Exactly this kind of back-end stuff. If they can't even do that right, it doesn't bode well for their future plans.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
  11. #51  
    Not complaining, but I tried this AM and the September Pivot still shows up...
    whitedove#WN likes this.
  12. #52  
    Ah.. you're way ahead!
    I'm still stuck in AUG. Pivot, since a recent WebOSDoc. reinstall!

  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Eh? My September issue is 42 pages...

    I suspect I may have been missing something
  14. estockda's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #54  
    I just got a "coming soon" tease and can no longer view the Sept issue.
  15. #55  
    Got that too. Sports Issue is coming soon.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Got that too. Sports Issue is coming soon.
    Nice picture. Like it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Nice picture. Like it
    yeah! Sports issue teaser. Now put a touchpad in that one woman's hand when the official cover comes out HP
  18. #58  
    Pivot is a very enjoyable extra.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

  19. #59  
    Starting to wonder if this delay in Pivot means some sort of bigger announcement is coming.

    Makes ya wonder if they're having to re-write something. Hmmmm
  20. bs03's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #60  
    How long does the delay need to be for them to put out a special cover?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions